Clark .38 Spec markings

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ChuckS

Clark .38 Spec markings

Post by ChuckS »

Can anyone confirm that Jim Clark Sr always marked his name, location, date of manufacture, and serial number, on the inside of the slide, but, that he did not always put his name on the slide? I am trying to confirm as authentic a gun with all these internal marks but the slide does not have the typical "Clark" signature on the outside of slide. Thanks.
tleddy

Clark

Post by tleddy »

FWIW, I have never seen a Clark without the Signature on the outside of the slide. Have owned a dozen or so and have looked at many more over the last 40 odd years and all had the engraving.

Still - have not seen them all :-)

Tillman
GOVTMODEL

Is it a Genuine "Clark" gun?

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Why not ask the Clark's?
K38

Post by K38 »

I have 3 custom guns made for me by Clark's. Two have the markings and one does not. It is a Ruger MKII but I did not have them change the barrel. It does say Clark's on the scope mount. It may be that without a new barrel they did not think it was enough of a change to matter. It is a vastly different gun once they massaged it.

Dwight
ChuckS

Spoke with Clark re: Markings

Post by ChuckS »

I did contact Clark and they confirmed that customers sometimes requested that the Clark signature and address not be placed on the outside of the slide. In such cases Clark would still stamp the inside of the slide and barrel lug.