Nill/Rink Grip comparison question...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MSC

Nill/Rink Grip comparison question...

Post by MSC »

I've searched and read all I could find, but have a kinda' specific question...

I've recently had a Nill's match grip on a Browning Buckmark. Fit great, except that it was a bit lacking in the "bulge" that fills your palm on the right side (on a right hand grip).

Question: Will a same-size Rink grip, with the "convex" palm have a larger "bulge"?

Also, I'd love to hear from folks who have tried both, and what they thought overall.

Thanks in advance! :)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I have both Nills and Rink for my GSP's I prefer the Nills, they are both the same size but for my hand the fill is better on the Nill. Unfortunately grips are probably the most personal part of pistols and what works for one might not work for another. They are both ifne grips though.
jackh

Post by jackh »

I have Nil, and Rink for the 208s. Both are good. I prefer the Rink over the Nil. But the grip I use is a much carved and patched Morini. The Rink and Nil are unmodified.
jipe

Post by jipe »

I use a Rink grip on my LP10. I have also seen Nil grips but do not own one.

I like very much the Rink and found one that fits well my hand.

Rink, Nil, Morini are all very good grips that's not an issue. What is the better for a given shooter depends of his hands nobody can tell except him.

One benefit of Rink is that it has more adjustments parameters that the others so that you can theoretically find a better fit for your hand assuming you can make the good choice what is not simple because you cannot try all the possible versions.

What I did is send a drawing of my hand to Rink to ask their advise about the different possibilities.

About your question for the convex version, note that it is made for normal hands.

Note also that the sizes are not exactly the same for the different manufacturers, it seems to me that Rink is smaller than Morini for the same size.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

MSC - is this the Browning Buckmark sold in the UK? If so, it sounds like you <<can>> fit a custom grip to this, I was not sure as I have a Browning Buckmark rifle I will get converted to the UK spec. The grip modifications are easy using Morini/Hammerli paste and a Dremel.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I prefer Nill grips when available, then Rink. Morini only if the first two are unavailable.

Grips are like shoes...different shoemakers use different lasts (the form around which they make the shoe). Which means that if one shoe from a firm fits your foot, you have a reasonable chance of other shoes from the same maker fitting. I can buy Rockports without trying them on...but little else.

Nill grips fit my hand. Rinks are pretty good. Morini grips are beautifully designed and made, but just don't fit.