Mark, Brian & David

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
prfct

Mark, Brian & David

Post by prfct »

Hope you guys have helped machguns work out the bugs in the
MG2. I fired one a few years ago. Great pistol! Waited while you
brave souls worked out all the kinks in the MG-2 (HOPE FULLY).
I just purchased MG-2 with a serial number of 22**
Try it out next week.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

We'll be anxiously awaiting a report of your findings and impressions with your new pistol, prfct. I'm certain you'll have positive things to say!

Post by Guest »

I don't understand. Why bother with this MG2 when it's known for all the troubles? It's a piece of s*it pistol when it comes to reliability. An unreliable pistol is just a piece of s*it imho. Yeah, I know what you are saying: "When it works it is a fantastic pistol, better than anything else" It is still the best shooter that wins competitions, not the best equipment.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Know what? You'll never get it...
PS: Too many "guests" around here...
Ernie Rodriguez

MG2 Pistol

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

The MG2 pistol should be a very reliable pistol in it's present state of development.Of course there will be a few brands of ammo that might not be quite as reliable but the vast majority of DECENT target ammo will be just fine. The pistol IS NOT for a person with limited common sense in the area of semi-auto functioning. If a person is so unhappy with a particular pistol-sell the DAMN thing and move on, rather than complain about it for the next few years.Buy a pistol that you are happy with and enjoy shooting.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

The reason I opted to sell my IZH35 and Pardini SP in favour of the MG2 is because I believe it gives me a competitive advantage in events like Standard pistol and rapid fire. If the MG2 malfunctions, I no longer have a competitive advantage, but a liability. I fully accepted the possibility that the gun may have some issues at the beginning, but if you purchase the gun in your shooting off season and get it “tuned” and working in great order you should be fine.

The other reason I bought it was for the adjustability of the grip. Why – I have a wrist injury I am trying to overcome with the help of changing the grip angle.

I am reluctant to say any gun is garbage, let alone a piece of shi!. Some guns are just not intended for some people to use. If you are used to the reliability of GSP (after it overcame its issues), then stick with it. But ask yourself, how many GSP are used in rapid fire comps, internationally?

Brian James

Post by Guest »

Sorry, I can't resist it. Thanks for your rhetorical invetation. :-)

Ask yourself how many MG2s are being used in rapid fire competitions internationally? Close to null/nill/none I'm afraid...

Post by Guest »

Oh, another thing. You have to be some sort of higher being engineer to be able to fully qualify for operating the MG2! Lesser humans - do not bother. Must be something really special this MG2... LOL
davidInOttawa

MG-2

Post by davidInOttawa »

Hey Prfct,

From your previous post I'm glad to hear that your MG-2 is working out for you!

Personally, I'm really enjoying this pistol.. I made the Mayleigh cup team this year at the Canadian Pistol Nationals with it. The mild recoil, excellent trigger, and great ergonomics helped my confidence, and let me concentrate on the important stuff (the sights!!). I also shot a personal best in 25m rapid fire.

I'm afraid that my 50m free pistol target scores were better with the MG-2 than with my free pistol (which I intend to improve on!).

I haven't had a malfunction in over 3000 rounds. I rarely clean it (it's only been completely taken apart for cleaning once in the last six months). I've run a dozen different types of ammo through it without malfunction.

Enjoy your pistol.

David
davidInOttawa

MG2 Guest..

Post by davidInOttawa »

Guest (???) wrote:

"Oh, another thing. You have to be some sort of higher being engineer to be able to fully qualify for operating the MG2! Lesser humans - do not bother. Must be something really special this MG2... LOL"

David (higher being) responds:

Or have access to a forum like this where you can have folks like Mark and Brian help you through some of the growing pains.

I'm no engineer "higher being".. but thanks for the assumption.

My Mg-2 made it through a weeks competition at nationals without a problem.. while I watched many other shooters take alibis.

By your tone, I assume you've never actually shot one.. otherwise you would already know it is something really special.

I said this before.. I'm happier NOT seeing more MG-2s on the line because MY chances will be better!

Yes.. it really is that good.

(s**t...... IGNORE THIS POST.. Do not go out and buy an MG-2, you're not a higher being engineer, and cannot possibly handle the technitudinality that it takes to make this pistol function.)

Sincerely, David

LOL
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Good one, David! ;-)

But of course you DO realize that I took a massive chance by letting you and Brian and others shoot my MG-2's. Now YOU'VE eroded my competitive edge by buying one yourself!!!! LoL

PRFCT - glad to hear you've had a good first trip to the range with your MG-2. I sincerely hope that it only gets better for you from here onward. If you hit a speedbump then post here and we'll draw on our collective knowledge to get you going again.

As for Mr. Guest, it's easy to see he's a troll lacking not only in social graces but also in honour and intestinal fortitude. Otherwise he would stand behind his comments by putting his name beside them.
theng

Post by theng »

Add another to the MG2 club! Will see exactly when I'll get to shoot it once the paperwork goes through.
prfct

MG-2 Pistol

Post by prfct »

Two weeks! No failures of any kind.
No failures to feed!
No failures to eject!
No stove pipes!
No jams!
Great trigger! Very easy to adjust!
Seperate screw for each adjustment.
Grip has a many adjustments, easily made.
Angle.
Pivot.
Palm shelf!
Design of grip and grip attachment allowed me
to modify (dremel & file) grip to suit my large palm and very, very
short fingers.
prfct

MG-2 Pistol

Post by prfct »

Two weeks! No failures of any kind.
No failures to feed!
No failures to eject!
No stove pipes!
No jams!
Great trigger! Very easy to adjust!
Seperate screw for each adjustment.
Grip has a many adjustments, easily made.
Angle.
Pivot.
Palm shelf!
Design of grip and grip attachment allowed me
to modify (dremel & file) grip to suit my large palm and very, very
short fingers.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Prfct - so glad to hear your new pistol is doing well.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but sooner or later you'll just stop being amazed at how well the gun works, and, like me, just shoot it. You'll take it out of the box, shoot a match, put it back in the box and leave it there 'til the next training session, knowing full well it will just keep on working. I've been very fortunate with my MG-2's as they seem to work in this manner. I AM still amazed at the groups they produce in the hands of a clod like me! ;-)