LP10 number of shots

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kenneth

LP10 number of shots

Post by kenneth »

Just received my new LP10.

After first practice I noticed that after only 80 shots the pressure in the cartridge had dropped from 200 to about 95 bar.
Is this normal? I heard that Steyr LP are more consuming then others.
JTrickettt

LP10 number of shots

Post by JTrickettt »

Kenneth,

I would top off your cylinder (again) and make sure the tank you are filling on has a full charge. If you find that after a few time of shooting on this cylinder it is still loosing a massive amount of pressure, I would call Scott Pilkington and make sure the seals on either the gun or the cylinder didn't go bad.

Jenn
.donthc

Post by .donthc »

it id not normal. u should be having at least a lost of 1 bar/ shot.

100< bar for 80 shots is too much
jipe

Post by jipe »

The number of shots possible with one cartridge for the LP10 is much less that what Steyr announce in his the user manual. With a fully filled cartridge you can only hope to do 130-150 shots. The Anschutz LP@ (that is basically the same pistol, if you remove the grip of a recent LP10, you will see that it is marked Anschutz) user manual is much more honest about the number of shots than the Steyr user manual.

The other problem is the lack of accuracy of the integrated manometer that doesn't allow you to know when the cartridge is fully loaded (the accuracy is bad and the green part is only about 45 degre). Here also the Anschutz cartridges (100% compatible with the Steyr and even marked "Steyr sportwaffen") have a better built in manometer were the green zone uses a much bigger part of the total circle:
Last edited by jipe on Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

.donthc wrote:it id not normal. u should be having at least a lost of 1 bar/ shot.

100< bar for 80 shots is too much
In my experience .donthc is about right when he says about 1 bar per shot. On my LP10 I can shoot 100 maybe 110 and stay in the green. Your problem could be as simple as a little silicone grease to the o rings. but how does it fair on a chronograph. ? if it has if it's above the 160 m/s ( and I mean 10 or 20 not 1 or 2) that will be the root of the problem.

Julian
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It also depends on the velocity your pistols set at, heigher the velocity the more ari consumption.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

For the sake of adding one data point for consideration, I'll add that my LP10 was very consistant. It did not have built-in manometers but rather relied on an external manometer to check pressure so I do not know at what pressure it started to produce less-than-perfect results. I do know that I could guarantee 140 shots per cylinder when muzzle velocity was adjusted to 495fps.

My test methodology to "guarantee" 140 reliable shots was to fill the cylinders, check them with the external manometer, and then shoot approximately 120 shots from them in normal training. Then I would begin shooting using a chronograph and note the number of shots fired before any significant change in velocity was experienced.

In this manner I often did not see a drop in muzzle velocity or increase in velocity variation until 150-160 shots had been fired, which meant that at 140 shots I had at least a 10-shot safety margin. I repeated this test several times and found the velocity change occurred within a maximum span of approximately 15 shots, so between about 150 and 165, which is pretty consistant.