IZH 46M Elevation Problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Swoffer

IZH 46M Elevation Problem

Post by Swoffer »

Have put around 100 pellets through my new 46M and cant get enough elevation to get above the 9 ring with a 6 o'clock hold. Using RWS light pellets. Can see a couple of ways to rectify this (one could be to shave a bit off the bottom of the elevation knob) but wondered if there is something I've missed?

Never had this problem before so a bit perplexed. Any comments gratefully received.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

You could gently and slowly file a little bit off of the top of the front sight blade. It's fairly thin so it should be easy going. Just be sure to have the bevel on the front (muzzle side) of the blade.

Tom Amlie
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

Just wondering:
Are you shooting at a standard 10M target? Is your front sight blade completely seated in the front sight base?
Swoffer

Post by Swoffer »

Thanks Gary, yes on both counts. This has got me beat, think I'll have to get the file out unless someone has a better idea.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

have you checked the velocity?

Spencer
Swoffer

Post by Swoffer »

No, that's something I haven't done and I did comment to my son that it seems to be hitting the backstop a lot harder than my Steyr LP10.

Thanks for that, will check as soon as I can before I start filing!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I had a similar problem on my Morini 162IE. I had to put a 2mm spacer in between the rear sight and the sight base.

This is a simple solution on the 162IE, I am not sure whether you could find an equally simple solution for the 46M.
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

Swoffer,
Since your Izzy is new, put a drop of oil on the threads and try running the elevation screw up and down a few times. Perhaps there is a burr or some debris on the threads. You shouldn't have to be removing metal to zero your gun.

Post by Guest »

Swoffer,
My 46M has no problem with elevation setting, in fact my current setting for a sub 6 O'Clock hold has another 26 clicks before stop. Don't have a number of total elevation clicks (will check tomorrow) but windage is ~60 if I remember correctly. I'm using the 4.5mm foresight & Rearsight with 4.2mm aperture.

Joe.
joecon

Post by joecon »

Just checked total elevation clicks is 65
Swoffer

Post by Swoffer »

Thanks for all the advice. Will apply it all to the pistol in the weekend and see if I can fix the problem.