Help : Plain English advice needed in adjusting AW93 trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Len

Help : Plain English advice needed in adjusting AW93 trigger

Post by Len »

Hi,

After spending a couple of sessions trying to adjust the trigger of my new FWB AW93, I've made it worse. The instruction manual is confusing and unhelpful and the instructions on Pilkguns are a bit too basic.

This is the trigger I have now -

Shortish first stage
Horrible creepy second stage

This is the trigger I want -

Short first stage and then...
Trigger release like a glass rod or icicle breaking...

How do I adjust screws 20, 21, 22 and 26 to achieve this?

Advice gratefully appreciated.....

Post by Guest »

Found some info regarding AW93 trigger adjustment in "Feinwerbau AW93" posted Nov 15, 2005. Hope this helps.
Len

Post by Len »

Anonymous wrote:Found some info regarding AW93 trigger adjustment in "Feinwerbau AW93" posted Nov 15, 2005. Hope this helps.
I have had no luck finding this post

Link?
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Len wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Found some info regarding AW93 trigger adjustment in "Feinwerbau AW93" posted Nov 15, 2005. Hope this helps.
I have had no luck finding this post
Link?
As you desire...
viewtopic.php?t=12110&start=20&postdays ... 93+trigger
4° post from the end of topic.
Bye.
Walter

Post by Walter »

You can't have a very short stage without modifying the L shaped connector. It would need to be shortened at the connecting point.
Do it at your own risk.
If you shorten the travel of the first stage too much, it can make it prone to multiple fire.
Always test the safety of the adjustment by cycling the slide with the trigger pressed down (unloaded of course).

There's a grease called Moly-Slide that I've been using for the sear area. It seems to take all the perceived creep out of a long second stage trigger travel.