New ISSF Centre Fire Pistol World Record

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

New ISSF Centre Fire Pistol World Record

Post by David Levene »

I have just heard that Mikhail Nestruev has just shot a new CF World Record, 296+298=594 at the European Championships.

I understand he used an old TOZ36.

He could be quite a good shooter if he tried ;-)
2650 Plus

new ISSF Center fire world record

Post by 2650 Plus »

That perfrmance is worth celebrating. Does any one have any idea how we can get him to defect? Does anyone know who his coach is? Maybe he'll write a book. Thanks for the initial post . Good Shooting Bill Horton
2650 Plus

new ISSF Center fire world record

Post by 2650 Plus »

That perfrmance is worth celebrating. Does any one have any idea how we can get him to defect? Does anyone know who his coach is? Maybe he'll write a book. Thanks for the initial post . Good Shooting Bill Horton
Russ

Coach

Post by Russ »

I think Mikhail's Nestruev pistol is TOZ-49.
Coach: L. Efimova
National Coach: A. Suslov
by ISSF....
http://www.issfnews.com/shooters/whoisw ... trid=17193
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

has this score been confirmed?

after nearly two days, no results for CF yet on the ISSF or OC webpages...

Spencer
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer wrote:has this score been confirmed?

after nearly two days, no results for CF yet on the ISSF or OC webpages...

Spencer
It was only shot on Tuesday 17th Spencer.

The results are here.
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

You should have seen the final in the 50m pistol event. Omelchuk (RUS) had the chance to shoot +102p. After nine shots he had nothing lower than 9,9 and a 10,7 would give him 102p! But unfortnately he only shot a 9,4. But 100,7 was a very nice result and he climbed from 8 to 6th place.
Another great shooter was Bruno (ITA) that climbed from 6th to 3rd place. Kokorev however started with a 5,5 and never got back into the match after that. He stood besides me in the qualification and started and ended with 97p series.
The last quota went to Finland.

I myself had a terrible start with 87 85 and so many ,9's that I almost started to cry. The score fell away for every series and a merely 92 91 in the end didn't compensate for much.

Unfortunately I didn't get the shoot the centerfire which is my specialty so I missed the new world record be Nestruev, but I watched him shoot the standard pistol event. His groupings was amazing but sometimes not in the middle and that costs a lot of points. He had one 50p in one of the faster series that was so tight that it was probably just one small hole.
I think he had a Hämmerli SP20 in the SP event.
fsmte

Post by fsmte »

Nestruev goes off to center fire with a Hammerli 280 and na standard with Hammerli SP-20. in olimpic modalities, in air pistol with Steyr (the times with Benelli) and free pistol Morini. In Word Cup 2007 Resende-BRA, it used the ammunition manufactured in 6-12-1993 Olymp-R.
jimn

sight black

Post by jimn »

try www.zocool.com temp hair colour costs couple of dollars wipes off easily
smoking357

Re: New ISSF Centre Fire Pistol World Record

Post by smoking357 »

David Levene wrote:I have just heard that Mikhail Nestruev has just shot a new CF World Record, 296+298=594 at the European Championships.

I understand he used an old TOZ36.

He could be quite a good shooter if he tried ;-)
I was just at this site:

http://www.ssaa.org.au/newssaa/101%20Se ... seurs.html

where I read:

"A Smith and Wesson revolver (a K38 .38 Special) holds the world centrefire record with a score of 597/600 - a record that has stood since the 1960s."
Mike Taylor

Record

Post by Mike Taylor »

That was shot on the old, oval scoring rings, rapid fire target. Since that target is no longer in use, the record will stand. :-)
I would be interested to see the 'old' groups scored with an overlay having the 'new' dimensions. Might be just as good, but I doubt it.
Mike T.
David Levene

Re: New ISSF Centre Fire Pistol World Record

Post by David Levene »

smoking357 wrote:I was just at this site:

http://www.ssaa.org.au/newssaa/101%20Se ... seurs.html

where I read:

"A Smith and Wesson revolver (a K38 .38 Special) holds the world centrefire record with a score of 597/600 - a record that has stood since the 1960s."
As Mike said, that was on the old targets.

In 2001 the late Don Nygord reported a conversation he had with TD Smith (who held the record) regarding the pistol used:-

"Don, the pistol in question was a Colt 38 Super that Jimmy Clark converted to .38 special for me in 1959. It shot a Federal loading of .38 Special wad cutter that bench rested 1.3 inches at 50 yards. Lou Willing (Air Force gunsmith) went to Brazil with me and kept it in excellent shape."