AP grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
derekm

AP grip

Post by derekm »

Sorry if this is a very basic question, but in 10m AP, should the thumb play an active part in gripping the pistol, or should it simply rest limp on the thumb rest.
Nano

thumb position

Post by Nano »

The thumb simply rest limp on the thumb rest.
If the thumb make presure in the grip, the shoots go up and right, you have to work with sand paper in your grip.
I see some shooters, with the thumb up, these is other error.

Nano
derekm

Post by derekm »

Nano wrote: you have to work with sand paper in your grip.

Nano
Thanks Nano,
Does the above mean sand out the thumb rest until the thumb hardly touches it, or line the thumb rest with sandpaper to sense when and if pressure is applied there?
2650 Plus

the thumb

Post by 2650 Plus »

Once we stopped shooting revolvers in the states, the thumb became obsolete. The advise and discussion already posted cannot be improved upon by me. Good shooting Bill Hotron
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

I have a very slight contact with my thumb which reduces some of the shots that goes in the 9 ring to the left if I accidently force the trigger to the right.
But as mentioned before - do not press with your thumb or the shots will go anywhere but in the 10. I mostly shoot +575 so it works for me.
derekm

Post by derekm »

Thanks guys - and Mell, if I ever get anywhere near 575 I'll be a very happy bunny!