new shooter pistol advice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

new shooter pistol advice

Post by Guest »

Hey all..... Just got some more questions...
Right now I'm shooting an IZH-46M pistol, what would be a good step up from this pistol???
Should I stick with pneumatic pump or would it be much better to go right to pre-charged????
The problem is, I am on a tight budget and I've got to upgrade my match air rifle as well.....
Thanx
Dragon 2

Post by Dragon 2 »

Best advice I can give you is shop around.

There are a lot of good used older model APs out there. The Steyr line is favored by many of the shooters posting. I tend to favor FWB. Morini is another good brand. Lesser known brand names have comparable pistols for much better prices.

If budget is an issue I would look for either CO2 or compressed air but not a mix. Compressed air is newer and posssibly more expensive. However, you can use a hand pump ($200-$400) to recharge your cylinders. What looks like a good deal up front may cost more in the long run (i.e. CO2 cylinder and recharge costs).

Pump guns are good starters. You might want to stay with them until you can afford what your research shows you really want. The lessons learned will not be waisted.

Check out the all the used AP sites you can find. Sometimes the dream deal is there. The trick is to know what you are looking for and not shop blindly.

Good Shooting
Phil
Joe66

Try the Steyr LP1

Post by Joe66 »

LP1 are no longer made, but you can get them in used condition and a good price. Go for the Co2; it is just as accurate as the PCP, but less expensive. Either one can get you to the world championship if your skill is good enough. Some world class shooters are still shooting for Lp1.