Pardini HP E or HP New?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Flyboy Shooter

Pardini HP E or HP New?

Post by Flyboy Shooter »

I'm about to purchase a Pardini .32 for use in Center Fire and Military Rapid Fire (CISM). I'm familiar with the gun and have shot my SPE (the really old .22...not electronic) with great sucess. I'm pretty set on the brand, having discounted all other .32's for various reasons, some technical, some personal preferance. What I'd appreciate is some first hand opinions and insites into the reliabiliy of the electronic trigger, especially if you've used it for military rapid fire (5 shots in 6 seconds is the fastest relay). The electronics would be very helpful for dry firing as my ability to buy factory .32 is limited (at like $0.80 a round...who's isn't) and I don't have the time right now to load my own. Regardless...I'm still a bit wary about the electronic trigger. Thanks for your thoughts!

Jesse
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Whilst the electronic trigger allows you to dry shoot the gun in the required timing, it can in no way replicate the recoil recovery that you need to master. I have the HP manual and the SP electronic and I personally prefer the manual trigger at the moment - although my guns are less than a year old and don't get very much use (due to them having to reside in Switzerland). There were reliability concerns with the original electronic trigger units but the latest ones appear to be be fine - I've certainly had no problems.

Rob.