PCP AP Cylinder -- To Empty or Not?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Dry fire w/air release, no pellet 300 times?

Post by 999 »

John, frankly, did you ever get to perform the 300 firings-less pellet "stunt" to empty any P44 cylinder?:-)

German guns are vey well constructed, everything is very well planned. Do you think the "Jerries" would eer market a PCP AP with no "bleeder" cap, John?
Some other manufacturers might, but the germans? No.....

I remember an elderly nabour searching desperately for his glasses one day...Turned out he was wearing them, they were just flippet ut to the top of his forehead...
Searching for an air bleeder cap? Well, first I would take a look among the accesories supplied with the gun, - in the very same box in which the gun arrived...
Just my 0.02 cents..
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

I've got to own up here Guest 999. Yes I did!! I travelled to a competition, filled the cyclinder to 200bar, shot a 60 shot match plus 10 sighters and then had to empty the cyclinder.
I have an LP 10 as well, so thinking the P 44 would be the same, I screwed the bottle adaptor in to cyclinder and it doesn't work like the Steyr. So - after reading the top of page 38 in the manual - I followed the instructions, which states (word for word): "emptying of compressed-air cyclinder without any danger can be done by cocking and releasing the trigger (no dry firing) until there is no more pressure in the compressed air cyclinder anymore. This is the case after release of the trigger if no noise of the shot is no more audible. Do not use tools!"
So.......this quite plain lengthy instruction plus the "do not use tools" threw me off to belief that there weren't any tools to do this. And yes......I sat in my car away from all others and cocked and released the trigger until the cyclinder was empty.... and I'd estimate it took about "200 +" trigger pulls. Obviously a lot less air escapes when not having a pellet - as a full air cyclinder is good for about 150 - 170 pellet shots.
The clincher to this saga is that common sense should have told me better - and - if I'd bothered to read down to the half way mark on the same page 38 - I would have been greeted with......"should be emptied without any danger with enclosed discharge screw....."
After all this - my wife still thinks I'm a dill!!!!
Point taken!

FWB is to blame...

Post by 999 »

Jupp, then I will foregive you, John....Think I have to send an e-mail to FWB about this misleading instruction...