How do I Find AP Matches

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hb10mshoter

How do I Find AP Matches

Post by hb10mshoter »

I started shooting air pistol about 2 months ago and am now looking for a place to put my pratice to the test. I live in St. Louis and will be 16 in September. I already shoot precision ar, so i know some of those comptitions, but don't know how to find info about local or regional matches. I would be willing to drive, and also want to participate on the national level if I improve a lot. I currently shoot about 500 with a izh 46m.
I heard a 530 is good enough to be considered competitive in some junior matches: what should i aim for.

I don't have access to a coach or program, but i do shoot on a high school rifle team that may able to certify any postals.

thanks
Last edited by hb10mshoter on Sat May 05, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Contact the local county extension agent. Missouri 4H shoots quite a bit. Illinois 4H hasn't ever heard of shooting sports. The 4H nationals were hosted in Columbia a couple of times, say 2004 and 5. 4H is a reasonable place to start shooting, even though they tend to be very competitive or competition is bad depending on who the agent is. Additionally, check the competitions part of the NRA website. There are a FEW air pistol matches around.

Since you're 16, you might want to try NRA Conventional Bullseye. They shoot .22LR first, so you don't have to go get a .45 and EVERYTHING all at once. Buy a Buckmark, or a Ruger Mark III.

Hope this helps

Mike
Wichita KS