mg2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rubicon

mg2

Post by rubicon »

I've had my MG2 for two weeks now and put about 800 rounds through it. I was suprised to see that the mags were made out of plastic and you can just get the 5 rounds in them. Thight fit for 5 shots. I would like to get some spare parts but, not sure what I should have on hand. You know just incase something goes wrong. Any ideas?
Ernie Rodriguez

MG-2

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

An extra magazine(2015),recoil spring(#2014),hammer spring(2063) and an extra screw(2001) wouldn't hurt.Matchguns now distributes parts through Gehmann of Germany.They have increased the price of parts about 30% higher than Matchguns used to charge-so check the price of parts before you order any.
MG2-owner

Have owned MG2 for over two years.

Post by MG2-owner »

And you will need BILs., Bullet Insert Levers.
Several.
Like mee.
rubicon

Post by rubicon »

Did the bullet insert levers break under normal usage or during a jam removel? I read that trying to clear a jam by pulling the bolt back has cause the levers to break. Any problems with fireing pins?
MG2-owner

BILs

Post by MG2-owner »

Under normal usage. But you are probably correct about the increased rist of BIL-breakage during jam-clearing.

No, no firingpin issue assosiated with my gun.
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

The only MG2 I've seen in action has never worked very well. A local shooter uses it for standard pistol and rapid fire and it just keeps on malfunctioning. It jams all the time. :(
MG2-owner

yeah, know that...

Post by MG2-owner »

Repeated functions? A reputed feature of the MG2. But, I must admit, the design of the MG2 is improving slowly. Every specimen of the MG2 up till now have been kind of "prototypes". Design changes going on all the time. Three different extractor designs. People like you and mee are field-testing the MG2 for the factory! Much trouble for us, less so for the factory.(well then, some, but...)
I have ben told, by a representative for the factory, that "The MG-2 is a darn nice shooter when it works well." Whenever it works well that is...

Some MG2 RapidFire version ended 2nd in some major contest lately, I recon.
Yes, I agree, it could turn out to be a real nice shooter. If it performed well....

Single shot mode? Well, the firing pin issue troubles that too...
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

While there are some bad apples in the bunch, I'm hearing more and more positive news from MG-2 owners. My first one works like a charm and has done since day 1. My second one had troubles with the Gen 2 extractor, but now has the Gen 3 extractor. Just put that in last week and haven't yet had a chance to fire it. Give the success of another local shooter who purchased the serial number after mine and did the same barrel/slide exchange, I expect mine will work very well.

As for the comments about the Bullet Insert Lever, we need to be cognizant of the fact that we've gone through a major re-design of the BIL which strengthened it substantially. My first BIL started to bend and likely would have broken eventually. The factory replaced it (literally did it in the factory during the Milan World Cup) and it's showing absolutely no problems or wear since then. All of the newer guns have this new BIL and I haven't heard of any of the new-design parts having troubles. Of course, as soon as I write this comment somebody will contradict me! LoL
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Mark, and all.
Has anybody tried the RWS or Lapua rapidfire ammo in their MG2. If so, what was your impression? Did it function properly?

TIA
R.M.
MG2-owner

BILs used to break..

Post by MG2-owner »

About that new BIL design, Mark: can this new and stronger BIL be installed in any MG2? Without any changes to the "slide-cover"?

If yes, this is good new. I have got the 3. old style BIL installed in my gun at present.