average scores

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hb10mshoter

average scores

Post by hb10mshoter »

Just to get an idea of the talent in this vast internet world, i would like to know some of your average scores and how many shots fired in a normal week. I typically shoot in the 510-515's, but I'm new (had an izh for about 4 weeks now, and shoot about 175 pellets a week)
hb10mshoter

Post by hb10mshoter »

Also I would like to reccomend the pilkguns email postal to all
Nano

average scores

Post by Nano »

hb10mshoter:

If you use the "search" option, these same topic was discussed in the past.
I can repeat my point of view:

Satarting Shooters 450 points
after 6 months of training 500 points
after one year 540 points

Is not a rule, but the scores are the average in my club, adults can improve their initial scores fast, so that they can concentrate itself better in a single thing, the young people think about the girls, the game of ball, etc.
I use 1000 pellets a month,

Nano
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Free Pistol 550. Perhaps 150-300 shots per week, this varies a lot.
Centerfire 575. I'd think something 100-200 shots per week, this also varies a lot.
Air Pistol. 580. I only shoot in the winter, but I'd guess ~300 per week.

This is not competition though, only training. The results are sometimes a little higher and sometimes (like this last weekend) a little lower. However I was going for a nice FP result last sunday on a competition but I lost it in the last series. 93 92 91 93 93 84... got a little carried away there and rushed the final 10 shots. Too bad, but hey; There are more competitions comming up. =)
Pradeep5

Post by Pradeep5 »

What kind of ranges are you shooting at? Are they electronic where it keeps score for you? The one time I shot on electronics I turned the monitor away so it wouldn't distract me.
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

I use ordinary targets and a spotting scope. But sometimes I shoot at electronic targets with my AP (some ranges here have them).

I try not to keep that much track on my scores, but I mostly I can feel where it's going and sometimes after a training day I sum up the targets to see if the feel is on par with the results. A good feeling and a good result = a nice day! :)