Looking for 10m pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
millsbomb

Looking for 10m pistol

Post by millsbomb »

Hello, I am looking for a good 10m match air pistol that has pre-charged air cylinders and a 12gm Co2 cylinder as well , a 5 shot would be ok.
Bob.
Richard H

Re: Looking for 10m pistol

Post by Richard H »

millsbomb wrote:Hello, I am looking for a good 10m match air pistol that has pre-charged air cylinders and a 12gm Co2 cylinder as well , a 5 shot would be ok.
Bob.
No such beast exist that runs both on Precharged air and CO2. I take it what you really want is a CO2 gun that you can bulk fill and use the capsules?
JulianY

Re: Looking for 10m pistol

Post by JulianY »

millsbomb wrote:Hello, I am looking for a good 10m match air pistol that has pre-charged air cylinders and a 12gm Co2 cylinder as well , a 5 shot would be ok.
Bob.

You are not referring to the Rohm twinmaster which has an adapter for 6gm power lites are you ?

JY

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the replies, I would like a PCP but I only have a match once a month, where I could fill my cylinders but I practice every day at home.
I am too old to use a pump and dont want the bother of bottles and gauges as I probably only have about another year or so before I am really past it. I suppose the only answer is 2 or 3 extra cylinders.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Anonymous wrote:Thanks for the replies, I would like a PCP but I only have a match once a month, where I could fill my cylinders but I practice every day at home.
I am too old to use a pump and dont want the bother of bottles and gauges as I probably only have about another year or so before I am really past it. I suppose the only answer is 2 or 3 extra cylinders.
What is you budget ?

I think the twinmaster is the only route to go that has something like the the options you are after.

Julian
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Julian which part does the Twin Master meet? He wants a PCP gun that use powerlets, there is no such gun.

Millsbomb you'd probably be better of picking up a used single stroke pneumatic, no pumps, no tanks, no CO2 bottles. They can be picked up reasonably, check Pilks used guns if you are in the States he almost always has some there.

Just noticed you are in the UK I'm sure you can find used single strokes over there.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Richard H wrote:Julian which part does the Twin Master meet? He wants a PCP gun that use powerlets, there is no such gun.

Millsbomb you'd probably be better of picking up a used single stroke pneumatic, no pumps, no tanks, no CO2 bottles. They can be picked up reasonably, check Pilks used guns if you are in the States he almost always has some there.

Just noticed you are in the UK I'm sure you can find used single strokes over there.
Richard I beg to differ, there is one the Rohm Twinmaster Top;

is 8 shot but there is a one shot adapter .

http://www.roehm-rg.de/192.html?&L=1&tx ... 94370071c5

if you look at the bottom of the page ther is a pdf file "Modification instructions compressed air into CO2" ;

http://www.roehm-rg.de/index.php?id=192 ... 08c452bbe9

Which shows and extra adapter to use co2 Bulbs

Not exactly a world cup gun, but it will shoot tens.

Julian
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Doesnt the old Hammerli 480 (with a large black and yellow) cylinder take both air and co2. I owned 480K which was only air, but Im sure the 480 was both. I know one for sale local to Ottawa Canada for about 700$ CAD, which is expenisve.

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I have a new FWB 103 about 6 months old and it is a very fine pistol, the only trouble is that sometimes it wont punch a clean hole in the eletronic target paper and it registers as a miss, after flogging your way through 55 shots to lose a 9 or 10 on the Roberts range at Bisley. I am told it is a common fault with pump pistols, personally I think it is an equipment fault of the backing paper.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

JulianY wrote: if you look at the bottom of the page ther is a pdf file "Modification instructions compressed air into CO2" ;

Julian
Come on Julian. The instructions say conversion should be performed at the plant or by your dealer. This is definitely not a procedure to be done monthly.
Based on Millsbomb's description of his needs, a SSP would be the way to go. a higher cost altrnative would be to buy a good used PCP with 2-3 spare cylinders, to be filled monthly at his club. Three cylinders should allow 450 shots at home per month.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:I am told it is a common fault with pump pistols, personally I think it is an equipment fault of the backing paper.
The only real problem with low velocity pistols on electronic targets is when you put shots in the white. The target mask slows the pellet down so much that the black roll tears rather than punches. As that tear works its way down into the mechanism there is a risk of it snagging and stopping the roll from winding on any more. Accumulated subsequent shots can therefore just make a big hole in the black. As the Sius Ascor system relies on the sound of the pellet hitting the paper to register a score, if the shot just passes through a previous large hole no shot will register.

Experienced range officers will use a pair of binoculars (or similar) to regularly check that a large hole is not forming and that the paper is moving on after each shot. If there is a problem then they will move the shooter to a spare lane before any missing shots are reported.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

JulianY wrote:
Richard H wrote:Julian which part does the Twin Master meet? He wants a PCP gun that use powerlets, there is no such gun.

Richard I beg to differ, there is one the Rohm Twinmaster Top;

is 8 shot but there is a one shot adapter .

http://www.roehm-rg.de/192.html?&L=1&tx ... 94370071c5

if you look at the bottom of the page ther is a pdf file "Modification instructions compressed air into CO2" ;

http://www.roehm-rg.de/index.php?id=192 ... 08c452bbe9

Julian
Julian, I suggest you actually read those instructions. It is a conversion between air and CO2 just like an LP1 or 10 conversion which costs hundreds of dollars, do you really think this guys want's to pay hundreds to convert a piece of junk between air and CO2. I suggest you are steering your fellow countrymen down the wrong path.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Richard H wrote:
Julian, I suggest you actually read those instructions. It is a conversion between air and CO2 just like an LP1 or 10 conversion which costs hundreds of dollars, do you really think this guys want's to pay hundreds to convert a piece of junk between air and CO2. I suggest you are steering your fellow countrymen down the wrong path.
I am going to chase this one up tomorrow. I do admit I have not read the manual. However I first came across these about a year ago and as I understand it, it was a simple matter. as for the price the Kit goes for 45 pounds... not hudereds!

see

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts ... %20Pistols

which is why I made the recommendation.

I'll take responsibility for my remarks and get this checked out.

Julian
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

I made some phone calls, this morning and chased down the issue of the twinmaster.
It seems that the conversion kit is available, and that can be used interchangeably, however is not as I thought a trivial task, but it can be swapped fairly regularly, tough it needs a mechanically minded person to do it and is probably more effort than its worth. The sad thing about the kit is that unlike normal CO2 powered guns which are extremely accurate with respect to maintaining a standard velocity, the kit does not have sufficient regulation and to capsules to not have sufficient reserve to achieve this.

So I stand corrected, this is probably not the best route to go.

I do know that the Dutch Styer dealer currently has a second hand Styer LP1P available for 625 Euros (about 425 pounds) I don’t know if he will ship to the UK but I can find out if you are interested

Another alternative, although it is a single stroke and not PCP, may be the FAS 604 which I believe you can still get new ones from Diverse Trading Co. Ltd. - 020 86427861. Though, I don’t know how much stock he has left or prices.

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spfas604.htm

Julian
millsbomb

Pump Pistols

Post by millsbomb »

Many thanks every one for your help, I will just have to keep an eye on the black backing paper to see it keeps moving, especially when I drop one in the 'white'. I could buy a PCP and extra cylinders to last a month if I had a long term future in match shooting, but at 82 I dont think so.
If any one is shooting on the Roberts on the 29th, I'm on the 11am slot.
Bob.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Just to add something hear for any one using the search facility. I had the opportunity to put one of these through a chronograph and the results were alarming. the first shot ran out at about 100m/s and continues to drop about 3-4 m/s per shot until it was well down at 82m/s. shots were fired about 45 second intervals. Leaving the con for 5 min brought it back to the low 90s.
so yuck yuck and more yuck!

JY