which pistol is better?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Maybe he can explain what the "leaps forward" have been, personally the change in my opinion has been glacial in the last 20 plus years, SSP to CO2 to PCP to one that has a working electronic trigger to a couple with absorbers. I personally don't think any of these changes have been ground breaking and the scores basically prove it.

The target systems have changed way more than the pistols, I wonder if the resolution on the new electronic targets have made it more difficult to eclipse the records of the past, just a thought.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Richard H wrote:
JulianY wrote:IS any one using the P44 in the world cup / championships ?

Julian
Probably not as I don't think anyone was using one prior to the public release of the pistol and there hasn't been a WC since it was released.
well lets see, it should be interesting. the mg2 featured in the RF finals recently.

JY
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

JulianY wrote:
Richard H wrote:
JulianY wrote:IS any one using the P44 in the world cup / championships ?

Julian
Probably not as I don't think anyone was using one prior to the public release of the pistol and there hasn't been a WC since it was released.
well lets see, it should be interesting. the mg2 featured in the RF finals recently.

JY
I really don't place a whole lot on that, in the hands of these guys they could shot just about anything resonable and get a decent score, ie witness Neustrev and his Benelli Kite, which is not a world class pistol.

In .22 it makes a little more sense as reliability is more of an issue (which in AP its really not). That said the top guys have access to way more resources than us mortals too so its probably easier to keep their guns running.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Richard H wrote:
I really don't place a whole lot on that, in the hands of these guys they could shot just about anything resonable and get a decent score, ie witness Neustrev and his Benelli Kite, which is not a world class pistol.
True they could, but for the most part they don't, sure there are exceptions. These folk want medals and they will used what they believe it takes. yest 22s do have more things that can go wrong, but in no way does that diminish the demands or the expectations made of them by the top performers.

It takes a comparatively long time for a international shooter to change and you can bet that with the experience they have and the backup, when they do, they have a good reason to do so.

the real question is what did Neustrev before his Benelli Kite, and what is he using now?

but now we are a little off topic

JY
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

JulianY wrote:
Richard H wrote:
True they could, but for the most part they don't, sure there are exceptions. These folk want medals and they will used what they believe it takes. yest 22s do have more things that can go wrong, but in no way does that diminish the demands or the expectations made of them by the top performers.

It takes a comparatively long time for a international shooter to change and you can bet that with the experience they have and the backup, when they do, they have a good reason to do so.

the real question is what did Neustrev before his Benelli Kite, and what is he using now?

but now we are a little off topic

JY
My point is most people would do better working on there skills as opposed to worrying about what the top guys are using. There are less than a half dozen top air pistols and half a dozen just under those considering they are all within about $500 dollars of each other, get one and train with it.
Fred Mannis

P44 vs LP10

Post by Fred Mannis »

Reinhamre wrote: I think that the LP10 is better for me.
Kent,
You have been shooting the P44 for close to four months now, so can I assume that this is a definitive evaluation of how the two pistols perform (in your hand)? I would be interested in your thoughts on the comparison.

regards,
Fred
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Fred Mannis and all other,

Yes, I have been shooting around 5000 pellets now. It is however not so easy to pick a winner in this combat. It does strike me how little the FWB/Styer/Morini care about their potential costumer. Do they listen to our list of features to add? NO
The P44 does make it possible to set your sights at an angle. Is this something any one has asked for, ever? Very good sights, BUT the depth can not be adjusted, it is 2 mm!
If you, as I do, use a 5 mm front sight and a lot of light on the side like 1-2-1 then a 3 mm deep rear sight notch would be 50 % more and less tiresome. Guess if this can be changed on the P44? NO!
Morini 162E, what do you think makes the gun take over from Steyer as it does?
The answer is… The trigger! But do Morini offer any adjustment of grip angle in any way? It is take it or leave it. Of course, participant in WC are familiar with how to make the grip to their taste with the help of a coach but the rest of us is left to trial and error. How easy is it not to take a turn on a screw and try that for a time and then go the other way without ruining of the grip. The trigger can only be adjusted back and fro, not even an after market trigger shoe is offered. The majority of guns are sold to non WC participants; we must be able to change things to see how it makes us perform better, or worse.
LP10. I have had two of this and are about to pick up my “new” Gould Cup 2003 in a few weeks then I can perhaps say if it is like I remember it.
The best pistol is… A new Morini 2008, as the P44, sure you can do a pistol like this, but with electronic trigger and the changes to the rear sight. Forget the absorber, we can live without it if the barrel is like a 162. After all it is not the WC participants that is your real market, but new WC shooters of tomorrow are born in the crowd. Listen to us, for a change.

Kent
jornl

Worlds best AP?

Post by jornl »

As far as I can recall, the current WR (593) is held by a CO2-AP.

So if the top score made with the AP is all that mathers, how come everybody isn't using CO2?

Just a thought...

Has anyone ever seen this series? Always wondered if he had seven nines...

:-)
Jim E

595 with this one and

Post by Jim E »

its for sale too!
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

As for which is better. Steyr LP10 vs Morini 162EI (electronic trigger). Is there an advantage based on your shooting style? Or maybe the better way to put it, are certain air pistols much more forgiving is you don't follow or use a 'perfect' shooting technique? The thought is that a relative beginner may see a greater improvement in their score by moving up to certain more 'forgiving' air pistols, while an expert actually won't see that much difference other than being able to slightly adjust a particular model to their 'tastes'.

For example, if you're a 'fast' shooter and don't hold on the target as long as you should (before pulling the trigger) or have what I would call a too fast trigger (see black = pull trigger), is an electronic trigger better for some reason?
donthc.

Post by donthc. »

joe1347 wrote: Or maybe the better way to put it, are certain air pistols much more forgiving is you don't follow or use a 'perfect' shooting technique? The thought is that a relative beginner may see a greater improvement in their score by moving up to certain more 'forgiving' air pistols, while an expert actually won't see that much difference other than being able to slightly adjust a particular model to their 'tastes'.
intersting question. i have heard of more experienced shooters talking about certain guns being "more forgiving" but have never really experienced it myself.

they were talking about the lp1 vs the lp10. for the lp1, there is more significant recoil than the lp10, thus it is more forgiving for shooters to jerk potential 9s into the 10ring. but for lp10, most of the time, a 9 remains as a 9, as it is almost recoil-less.