Logging Into USA Shooting Website

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Logging Into USA Shooting Website

Post by Guest »

I am having trouble logging into the USA Shooting website. When I type in my membership number, it says that it is sending a new password to the e-mail address on file. The e-mail address that is on file is an old e-mail address! Does anyone know how to change the e-mail address?

I have sent multiple e-mails to USA Shooting but they have not replied.

I'm about ready to send a registered letter to them to try and get this problem resolved. Sending e-mails to them is a waste of time it seems.

Does anyone have the same problem and have you found a way to resolve it?
Fred Mannis

Re: Logging Into USA Shooting Website

Post by Fred Mannis »

Anonymous wrote:I am having trouble logging into the USA Shooting website. When I type in my membership number, it says that it is sending a new password to the e-mail address on file. The e-mail address that is on file is an old e-mail address! Does anyone know how to change the e-mail address?

I have sent multiple e-mails to USA Shooting but they have not replied.

I'm about ready to send a registered letter to them to try and get this problem resolved. Sending e-mails to them is a waste of time it seems.

Does anyone have the same problem and have you found a way to resolve it?
Try viewtopic.php?t=14925

Post by Guest »

Fred,

The answer to my question is not there. I need to change the e-mail address that USAS has on electronic file. They will not respond to my e-mails. Maybe I'm stuck? USAS really lacks in helping its membership.
cmj

Post by cmj »

About the only way that seems to get any changes is a phone call to them. mine was fixed pretty quick after calling
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Anonymous wrote:Fred,

The answer to my question is not there. I need to change the e-mail address that USAS has on electronic file. They will not respond to my e-mails. Maybe I'm stuck? USAS really lacks in helping its membership.
I called 1 719 866 4670 and gave them my email address.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

What in the 7734 is going on? It is absolutley rediculous that a password is required to view the USAS web site. Viewing the site should be encouraged, not hindered. What a continuing joke! And an embarasement.

Edited to add: I just got off the long distance phone with Kim at USAS, who told me the public USAS web site is still operational. I tried to get www.USAS.com and got instead http://www.ecomecom.net/, which has info on stocks. What is going on?

Best Regards,
Slo cat
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

You only need the password the first time you log on and enter your profile info. (USAS membership #, Name, e-mail, DOB, etc.). Thereafter, you enter your membership #, and you're on(works for me). Initially, I had trouble getting to where you enter your profile, because they had my DOB wrong in my original membership info. A phone call fixed that. They're only trying to protect the site from hackers.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Good to see an old friend, slocat. Hope your shooting is doing better than mine.

The '.com' web site was mirroring the '.org' one. The same sign in dung has been on both for a while. It now seems to have been hijacked by ecom.

I finally got myself registered, but only after taking time off work to call them. They are ignoring emails. They seem to have buggered up the transfer of member information to the HungStar people. Rather than testing and fixing the problem they released to public, and now seem to be waiting for us to complain in person before fixing it. If it won't let you register, you have to call them. Email, as I said, is ignored. The Hungstar thing is primarily membership and completions. Much of what was on th old site has been left out of of the new one. One glaring hole is the rulebook... gone. So is anything on coaching, judging, the online store, and a bunch more.

Much of what you need to do with sign up and profile maintenance requires the use of InternetExploder. Too bad if you don't have Hungstar's preferred computer configuration. The fact that they have been hacked at least twice since starting this doesn't give any sane person the warm fuzzies about giving HungStar a credit card number. There is now a monetary penalty for not using HungStar membership, sanctioning, and reporting. There's more, but I'm getting on a soapbox here. Suffice it to say we are a hair away form canceling all plans for PTO's this year.

Oh, and check your scores in the membership area. There is a good reason for them to want to have someone else responsible for results recording.

Larry
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

pgfaini wrote:You only need the password the first time you log on and enter your profile info. (USAS membership #, Name, e-mail, DOB, etc.). Thereafter, you enter your membership #, and you're on(works for me). Initially, I had trouble getting to where you enter your profile, because they had my DOB wrong in my original membership info. A phone call fixed that. They're only trying to protect the site from hackers.
That's probably because you haven't logged off. Try not entering anything for a membership #. It'll probably transfer you to the supposedly secure site. They are using a persistent login that doesn't terminate when you leave the site or exceed a time limit... at least not a reasonable one. That is a very, very bad security hole. You should manually log off any time you leave the site until they get around to doing it right.

Larry
geust8

Post by geust8 »

IT'S NOT USAS.COM , IT'S USASHOOTING.COM
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

funtoz wrote:
pgfaini wrote:You only need the password the first time you log on and enter your profile info. (USAS membership #, Name, e-mail, DOB, etc.). Thereafter, you enter your membership #, and you're on(works for me). Initially, I had trouble getting to where you enter your profile, because they had my DOB wrong in my original membership info. A phone call fixed that. They're only trying to protect the site from hackers.
That's probably because you haven't logged off. Try not entering anything for a membership #. It'll probably transfer you to the supposedly secure site. They are using a persistent login that doesn't terminate when you leave the site or exceed a time limit... at least not a reasonable one. That is a very, very bad security hole. You should manually log off any time you leave the site until they get around to doing it right. Larry
Larry, You're 100% right. I was able to enter the site without my membership #, and after logging off, had to give my membership number, and on the next screen, my password.

What I don't care for, is the Microsoft warning that their security certificate isn't valid and the site shouldn't be accessed. I get the same warning with PayPal. Paypal is handling millions of dollars in transactions every day. Aside from the fact that they're now owned by anti-gun eBay, what could be the trouble with their security certificate? I've been getting the warning about PayPal for years, but the latest version of Windows, really puts up a warning that's hard to ignore.

Paul

Post by Guest »

Much of what was on th old site has been left out of of the new one. One glaring hole is the rulebook... gone. So is anything on coaching, judging, the online store, and a bunch more.

Larry[/quote]

The rulebooks is gone????? OMG!!!! Is there anybody out there who knows what they are supposed to be doing????? They are really going down the sewer hole if this is the case!
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

The online store is gone??? Now where am I going to get one of those neat aluminum pistol cases,(Like the USAMU use), at a 10% discount, (with one of my stack of useless discount membership coupons), as I should have done years ago?:>)

Can anyone talk them into once again, making usefull shooter's accessories available? While I was away from the sport due to eyesight problems, everything they had available, seemed to change to sportswear and trinkets aimed at non-shooting yuppie "wanna-be" contributers.

Paul
amonkey

USAS listening?

Post by amonkey »

I have been reading all the concerns and negatives about USAS on this board for, I don't know how long.
I have watched the USAS website patiently and seen less of what the competitors need and less of what all members pay for.
My wish is that USAS (someone has to be reading all these posts), talk to its membership and give us what we pay for, especially the basic info we need to plan to compete at matches (Rulebooks, secure ordering, etc.).
Many Emails go unanswered. Please, just talk to us. Half of your membership can't keep calling and emailing to find out basic info!
I'm tired of hearing all the negatives, but it mirrors many of my feelings.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Completely out of left field (and cross-posting on two threads), but what would you want to see from/on/in the ISSF governing body website? I mean, assume a new design, a blank sheet, what features would you want?
Thomas Monto

Website

Post by Thomas Monto »

Funny, all your complaints, I had no problem logging into, getting my password and editing my information. I am also administrator for our club, called them as instructed in the instructions and now am able to edit that site too.

Remember this is a temp site. Looks good to me, even registered for an upcoming match on line, paid my fees, etc.