FWB P30 -> P34 differences

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SMF

FWB P30 -> P34 differences

Post by SMF »

Can anybody tell me please, what are the main differences between Feinwerkbau P30 and P34?
Nano

diferences between fwb p30 and p34

Post by Nano »

NANO
Last edited by Nano on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nano

diferences between fwb p30 and p34

Post by Nano »

SMF:
The last tree years I have a FWB P30, I sell these pistol to buy a p40, and one team mate, have a p34, I think the diferences are:

P34 have the "absorber", the P30 dont have.
P30 have exposed barrel, the P34 have an aluminum piece up the barrel (like the steyr).

P30 have two pieces grip, P34 have one piece grip (no important diference).

If you like to learn more about absorber, search in these page, is a large discused topic.

My coach dont likes the absorber, he thinks the P30 is better. The russian Leonid Ekimov are using a P34, he is a 19 years old first class shoter.

Nano
Proud new P444 owner

Dont be vague, ask for the very best of APs

Post by Proud new P444 owner »

If you are thinking of purchasing a FWB, then go for the new P44. This gun is probable the first of the "next generation APs". Some very attractive features, a new standard is established with this one.
Dont buy any AP, new or used, untill you have tried this one. Just my advice.
Yes, I have owned and used the P34 extensively.
While the P34 was ok, the P44 is of a different breed.
Richard H

Re: Dont be vague, ask for the very best of APs

Post by Richard H »

Proud new P444 owner wrote:If you are thinking of purchasing a FWB, then go for the new P44. This gun is probable the first of the "next generation APs". Some very attractive features, a new standard is established with this one.
Dont buy any AP, new or used, untill you have tried this one. Just my advice.
Yes, I have owned and used the P34 extensively.
While the P34 was ok, the P44 is of a different breed.
The P44 is a very nice AP but " first of the next generation" there is nothing really evolutionary or revolutionary about it they just finally brought it up to a level that equals the other top pistols.

I agree the P44 is head and shoulders above any of the recent FWB offerings.
SMF

Thank you

Post by SMF »

Thanks for the opinions! Finally I've decided not to buy anything from the Feinwerkbau, because I've heard only bad news about their support (3-4 weeks response if spare parts needed, etc). It would be better to see somthing from Walther or Steyr, I mean.
Richard H

Re: Thank you

Post by Richard H »

SMF wrote:Thanks for the opinions! Finally I've decided not to buy anything from the Feinwerkbau, because I've heard only bad news about their support (3-4 weeks response if spare parts needed, etc). It would be better to see somthing from Walther or Steyr, I mean.
I'm a Steyr and Walther owner and I wouldn't count on spare parts any quicker unless you are actually in Germany or Austria. I suggest what ever you buy you get some spare seals as that is the most likely thing to fail next in line would be the regulator (of which I have a spare for that as well). Depending on how serious you you might think about getting a second pistol.

So I wouldn't count FWB out because you need to wait 3-4 weeks because if anyone has to get parts from the factory you'll be waiting and just hope you don't need them in the summer when just about everyone in Germany and Austria is on vacation because it might be closer to 8 weeks or more.