Why is FWB 65Mk2 more popular than 80?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dreadstar

Why is FWB 65Mk2 more popular than 80?

Post by Dreadstar »

I was wondering why the FWB 65Mk2 is more popular than the later springer models like the Model 80? Any ideas why most people would rather have a 65?
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I think they are only more popular because more of them were sold. FWB sold them for 15 years before the upgrade with the better trigger came out in the Model 80.
The 65s were so popular and virtually indestructable that many have had a long succession of owners and are still going strong today. Change the spring and seals every few years and they are still capable of shooting in to 570s.
I believe the model 80 is the better pistol but not as many were sold because towards the end of its reign, CO2 pistols began getting manufactured and people moved up to those. The last FWB model before it moved to CO2 (maybe it was just after) was, I think, designated the Model 90 but I don't think many of these sold.
Nano

fwb old pistols

Post by Nano »

FWB model 90 have electronic trigger, I think was one of the first factories to put an electronic equipment in her pistols.
I dont know wy FWB dont continue with that innovation.

Nano
Tangohammerli

65 vs. 80

Post by Tangohammerli »

The 80 and 65 are virtually identical but for the refined trigger in 80.
Many shooters who already had the 65 thought the 80 was a fix that did not need to be fixed. The 80 has a different grip so there were additional parts to be considered by FWB.
The 90 was the real innovation in the line with the electronic trigger.
When you consider the robustness of the 65 and quality, its no wonder so many are still shooting very good scores. I have both the 65 and the 80 and prefer the trigger of the 65 because of the quick change of weights to 1360 from 1500gr.
Dont get me wrong the 80 is just as robust and should giva any owner the same joy and long running of the 65 with more weight options.
Just my opinion...
2650 Plus

FWB 65 and 80

Post by 2650 Plus »

I shot with both in Germany where I belonged to a Duetch shooting bund club. I found about 3 points between the two with advantage to the mark 80. The trigger was more compatable to my technique. And the movaable weights also controbuted to the slightly better performance. Good Shooting Bill Horton