Sights

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Sights

Post by Guest »

I'm having problems with the contrast on the target in air rifle and smallbore. My front aperture is also too small in air rifle and the inserts that came with my rifle don't come any bigger that 4.0mm. I want to buy new rear anf front sight accesories but don't know what to get in the way of polarisation filters and color filters to help increase contrast. Any input would be graciously accepted
B.T.Carstensen

Re: Sights

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

Anonymous wrote:I'm having problems with the contrast on the target in air rifle and smallbore. My front aperture is also too small in air rifle and the inserts that came with my rifle don't come any bigger that 4.0mm. I want to buy new rear anf front sight accesories but don't know what to get in the way of polarisation filters and color filters to help increase contrast. Any input would be graciously accepted

In air I use a yellow filter that helps alot I use a 3.6 in my front sight ( I would not use polarization filter indoor it makes it to dark).

What you what is an Iris I use a Gahmann rear Iris (but I wish I got a Centra)
And for the front sight I have glass inserts for Centra that I love.
http://www.brenzovich.com/centra.htm this is where I got mine.

Also what kind of rifles do you have it may help to know?

--Brian--
TargetShootingShop.com

Re: Sights

Post by TargetShootingShop.com »

B.T.Carstensen wrote: I use a Gahmann rear Iris (but I wish I got a Centra)

--Brian--
Is that the same Centra that use the technology Gehmann abandoned as being out of date a few decades ago?

Stick to your Gehmann pal, all those gold medal winners can't be wrong!

In answer to the poster, a Gehmann iris with colour filters will sharpen up the sight picture, I like yellow.

Also adjustable aperture will help contrast but you don't need polar flters indoors

Ryan
Intershoot
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Is that the same Centra that use the technology Gehmann abandoned as being out of date a few decades ago?

Old technology it might be. I went through 2 Gehmann adjustable front sight iris's in 2 years on my full bore 300m rifle. By the end of a season the aperture was egg-shaped. The centra's been on 2 barrel's now (about 6000 rnds) and is still ok.

I know what i'll buy next time.

Jonno

Post by Guest »

Thanks, I have Walther rifles, by the way. i love them because they match, both blue aluminum stocks for Lg300 and KK300. They already have centra foresights but I think I'm going to go with Gehmann sight accesories
TargetShootingShop.com

Post by TargetShootingShop.com »

Sorry I was actually talking about the rear irises, not the front irises, their rear irises have the new patent spring leaves which can't bend. Centra on the other hand....

Thats why they give a 30 year guarantee on their rear irises

PS I don't work for Gehmann, in fact I sell the Centra / Anschutz clone irises as well as Gehmann