A "forgiving" FP?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TomAmlie

A "forgiving" FP?

Post by TomAmlie »

I've seen some FP (esp. Toz) referred to as "forgiving". I've always wondered what is meant by that. I know one person stated that when you make a mistake it'll be an 8 rather than a 7 or 6 or worse, but what could explain this?

I understand that if a pistol has a faster "lock time" the shot will be away sooner, so that could explain some of it. Is there more to it than that? Is it just a vague feeling?

Just curious.....
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

We-e-e-e-ell, you'll get a lot of "But Sarge Sez" on this one (and legitimate differences of opinion)

However

there is a lot of "folklore," "mythology," and just plain misconceptions (along with inadequately described and/or inadequately understood jargon) in the shooting sports.

Stuff like "Muscle Memory" and "The Gun Shoots Better Than I Do" mean different things to different people- and while they don't have any basis in reality per se there is often a "grain of truth" in some interpretations.

As to "forgiving" guns of course a piece of mechanical equipment like a FP can't magically "steer" the bullet in flight or "dampen" the errors made by the human.

The best "Grain of Truth" interpretation I have heard refers to the ergonomics/fit to your hand of some guns. Some guns have been observed (or thought to be observed) to "magnify the human error less" than other guns.

Steve Swartz
jackh

Post by jackh »

How about
The gun is easy too shoot
The trigger is easy to pull
The gun almost shoots itself

I have heard these many times.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Last edited by funtoz on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadow

Forgiving

Post by shadow »

When starting our in BE I shot a S&W 52 for a few years. It taught me quite a few things about trigger control and follow through. When I started shooting my 45 1911 I called my shots like I was still shooting my 52. When I looked in the scope the shots were better than I thought. If I thought that I shot a 7 it would be an 8 etc.

This is my definition of forgiving.
James

Post by James »

If i'm shooting a pardini pgp 75, would it be logical to upgrade to a TOZ?
No body uses a pgp 75, many people use the TOZ. What's the reason?
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

I have a TOZ and a Pardini 75, I prefer the way the Pardini handles, however I like my MoriniCM84 better than both! I guess there are less parts for the Pardini than the TOZ, but the Morini is under production and I am sure Pilks can get whatever is needed. I think individual trials will show you which free pistol works well for you personaly.