Air rifle target for reduced ranges

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TomN

Air rifle target for reduced ranges

Post by TomN »

Unlike many in this group, I am not fortunate enough to have a full 10 meters in my home for practice. (I have about 25 feet.) While I can install a larger front apperature in my rifle and use a standard target for practice, the bull appears much larger and, since I shoot at home far more often than I shoot on a full 10 M range, the difference in sight picture (when the shots actually count!) is distracting. I know that software is available to print a bull scaled for any distance, but actually printing them is a pain and fairly costly in terms of printer supplies.

Does anyone use standard targets (like 15-foot BB gun targets, etc., that can be purchased from target manufacturers) for air rifle practice at shorter distances? If so, could you share the target designation?
n1heu

Post by n1heu »

print this full sized to a standard 8.5X11 page and see if it works for you.
Attachments
Untitled1.jpg
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

In the UK we have 6 yard scaled down air rifle targets. I don't know if you can get them in the US but check out some of the online target suppliers for details - the one I use being Krueger in Germany.

Rob.
Slowstdy

5 Meter Targets

Post by Slowstdy »

TomN
The NRA has a 5 Meter Target AR-4/5.
http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/airgun/
Cheers
Limey
TWP

Post by TWP »

10 Meters is about 33 feet.

25 feet is about 75% of 33 feet.

Put your 10 meter target on a copying machine and set it to 75% of the size.

There, you have a 25 ft air rifle target.

If you really want it to look right by some colored paper about the same color as the air rifle targets.

Scoring will be a bit tougher, but you'll get the same sight picture.