newby

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bob64

newby

Post by bob64 »

hi,all bob here just saying hi to every one
from across the water england ft/ bench shooter
cheers bob
RobStubbs

Re: newby

Post by RobStubbs »

robertjan wrote:hi,all bob here just saying hi to every one
cheers bob
You shoot benches ?!!!!?

;-) and welcome!

Rob.
GOVTMODEL

Shooting the Bench

Post by GOVTMODEL »

I confess to shooting the bench at the Angle Tree Rod & Gun Club in North Attleboro, MA many years ago.

Mine was not the first hole in said bench.

Post by Guest »

well, since we are being honest here I must also admit I once shot a bench, I mean it was only a very small bench, and I certainly did'nt mean it any harm. but it did recieve a rather greivous hole in it as result of my misdeed. But I am commited to never to shoot another one of them, unless it is perparing to do physical harm to my person, and then only after I have tried all other means of peaceful conflict resolution.
bob64

benches

Post by bob64 »

hi, robstubbs govtmodel and guest
are but what you dont know .
that in the old country benches fly specially when you have had few
cheers bob cheers cheers the next rounds on me what i,am i saying i,am a yorkshire man
Albert B

Bench huntung season?

Post by Albert B »

Hi guy's,
Does anyone know when the Bench Hunting season starts? and is there a limit for shooting portable benches?

Albert
The Netherlands

PS, overhere we do not have benches roaming the forrests and countryside .... :-)
Elmas

Re: newby

Post by Elmas »

robertjan wrote:hi,all bob here just saying hi to every one
cheers bob

Is the ft/ mentioned above , his foot ? or a foot ?

Elmas

Spencer

Re: Bench huntung season?

Post by Spencer »

Albert B wrote:Hi guy's,
Does anyone know when the Bench Hunting season starts? and is there a limit for shooting portable benches?

Albert
The Netherlands

PS, overhere we do not have benches roaming the forrests and countryside .... :-)
refer to "specially when you have had few" in robertjan's post - maybe you have not been trying hard enough - can you trust a Yorky (thank heavens that Herself does not read these posts)

is there a SPCB, or are benches fair game in all countries?

are the scoring gauges for bench rest shooting as for ISSF, or do I need a new set of scoring gear to cart around to competitions?

what is the world record and (more importantly) what brand of firearam and ammunition does the world champion use?

Spencer
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

It's a good thing robjan has a good sense of humor, so along these veins, maybe we should open a new section of TT devoted to bench shooting.

Do you have to use different calibers for different materials, say airguns for plastic and wood benches. .22 for steel becnhces. and what about portable versus fixed benches, do we use shotguns for the moveable ones?

And here is area that the wannabe wizzard can excel in, he can be the official coach of bench shooting.

How bout a contest, best story about about bench shooting, wins a TT t shirt or something?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Not exactly funny, more incredibly cringe worthy actually but at our National championships a few years back I was watching the womens air pistol finals. It was about 7th or 8th shot I think and one of the lady shooters managed to shoot the bench. She was in first place and that 'miss' dropped her to something like 4th or 5th I think. She must have wanted the ground to open up and swallow her, but give her her dues she shot reasonable final shots but I don't think she stayed for the prize givings.

Rob.
bob64

bench rest shooting

Post by bob64 »

all right lads had your fun over a simple typing error
but i wonder how many benches will fit in your mouths with out touching the sides but dont forget lads who is standing along side with you lot
cheers bob
a few of you want to check your errors before posting
dont forget who invented language
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

pilkguns wrote:It's a good thing robjan has a good sense of humor,
Looks like he doesn't

Chill Bob it's only in gest and not poking fun at you. Heck it wasn't even a typo just reading it the way they (I) wanted to such that it sounded humorous.

Rob.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

A lot of people thing that Judges are no longer shooters - I am, even if very poorly these days, and get withdrawal symptoms if I have to go more that 4 or 5 days without some range therapy.

I love it when someone asks me "do you still shoot yourself?"
Gives an opening for the reply "I try not to"

Regards,
Spencer

Re: bench rest shooting

Post by Guest »

robertjan wrote:
dont forget who invented language
Not all of us here are american mate. Remember that. ;-)
bob64

bench rest shooting

Post by bob64 »

will put this to rest now seing i missed putting rest in bench rest shooting
did years in the forces ,wasn,t taught to take crap from any body
sorry if offended any body
cheers bob
n1heu

Post by n1heu »

Never shot a bench and don't benchrest shoot either unless I'm testing loads. I did shoot the ventilation duct at a local club during a match though. Apparently I was loading in the kneeling position and popped of a round when the bolt closed. I really don't know how I managed to do it. I've tried to duplicate the sequence and popping the bolt closed but it is still a mystery to me. It is an object lesson in muzzle disipline though.
Chris

Post by Chris »

ok Scott here is my bench shooting story...

I had been shooting rifle only for the last 3 years and was just switching over to pistol. I had purchased a Toz and received it 3 weeks before the national championships in Chino. I shot it a bunch of times before I went to Chino. Free pistol training I was "shooting" next to Neal ('96 games) and Dave. I do not remember if it was my first shot but I was closing the action and it went off putting a hole in one of the benches. Dave and Neal both turn and look at me and start to laugh. They then showed me some of the finer points of operating a Toz. They also made lots of fun at my stock Morini grip and told me I needed to modify it.