Shooting boots

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

cmj

Shooting boots

Post by cmj »

Hi, would like to know the proper care and wearing of shooting boots. Know they need to be on a tree when not in use, but hear conflicting information as to wearing at a match. Some say don't worry about bending up the toes, others say take them off when not shooting. Some say walk to keep the soles flat etc. What is correct?
Thank You

Post by Guest »

There is no 'correct' that I know of. My common sense says that you want to do everything you can to keep the soles flat and unbent. However, my own boots are old and second hand (probably a lot more) and they're still flat. I do keep them in boot spanners / tree / flatteners / whatever you want to call them. I just avoid walking around in them, but if I need to then I do. If I'm going to the loo in the middle of a match I take them off, because taking them off and putting them on is quicker than 'waddling' all the way!
RifleNicky

Post by RifleNicky »

i totaly agree w/ the waddeling thang that cmj said. but i my self only walk to the target (10m air) with the boots on and never in the grass or dirt (when shooting smallbore). and never just around the rage and such.

if you ever want to resell your boots the flater the sole the more willing people are to buy 'em

AND if the toes are turned up its harder to realy get the full use out of then when it comes to balance
holson

Post by holson »

Avoid walking in your shooting boots so you can keep the soles flat. When you do walk, waddle so that you don't put pressure on the front of the flat sole. If I have to go somewhere at the range and I'll be shooting again soon, I usually will leave the boots on, but I was always pretty OCD about keeping my soles flat. Ahh, and shoe trees/spanners. ALWAYS use them.