Hello everyone!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Hello everyone!

Post by Guest »

Hello ,
This is my first post on this forum and I am very glad a registered. From what I have read around there is pages and pages of target shooting advice here. As for me I am hoping to start shooting 10m AP. I do not have a Pistol yet but will be getting one for my B-day (january 5th....long ways). My mind has pretty much set on buying a IZH-46m from what I have read and seen its one of the most "bang for the buck" air pistols out there and its prettty much perfect for my budget. This will be my first 10m pistol and I am still reading up on the basics and rule and regulations. Hopefully I will become ivolved in this forum and I am sure I will meet lots of great people here.
Sincerely,
Noel

P.S: I often on the many network 54 airgun forums under the name sqrlsniper.
Cuervo79

Post by Cuervo79 »

welcome... enjoy the shooting... keep reading, and allways train.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

welcome... enjoy the shooting... keep reading, and allways train
Train with , or without a coach ??

Dont you think a coach is vital in the very early stages , to supervise the basics , that should be perfected and then 'forgotten' ??

Elmas

Post by Guest »

learn from the best that you can find. just by looking you can pick out many tips. provided that you look, think and experiment slightly. if you can talk to and ask for advice or training tips it would be best.
Cuervo79

Post by Cuervo79 »

I dunno, cause I train alone, don't have a coach, What I did was look for literature (look in http://www.targetshooting.ca ) also google Don Nygord tips, that helped me allot.

I heard that if you can start with a coach is better, since if you don't you may have to get bad habits out when you're being coached, wich sometimes is harder to do than if you're coached from the start...
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Have you ever taken a basic pistol class? If not, that'd be a good place to start. Here in the US, almost every club offers NRA pistol classes; they tend to emphasize cartridge guns, but a lot of what they teach (safety and the fundamentals of pistol shooting) is the same. And the classes are cheap, because the instructors are usually volunteers. I'm hoping you may have something like that available in Guatemala.

The other thing to do is begin competing. Even if you come in dead last, you'll still have a good time, you'll learn a lot and you'll meet other shooters. If you would like to get good, competition is one of the best ways to do it.