Nationals sticker removal

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

dhurt

Nationals sticker removal

Post by dhurt »

Howdy, i want to remove the stickers from my pistols. They don't want to come off very easy as they leave the sticky stuff on my grips. Any suggestions for removal without stripping the wood finish? Thanks, Dwaine
PardiniGSP

re: Nationals sticker removal

Post by PardiniGSP »

Goof Off.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

"Goo-Gone" Home Dopey or local hardware store.

Post by Guest »

Heat the residual adhesive with a blow dryer and just peel it right off.
darticus

adhesive remover

Post by darticus »

Used by body shops on car finishes to remove molding.Cigarette lighter fluid if not on plastic.Ask at a body shop to sell you a little jar you bring.They will probably give you some for free.Ron
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Here in Oz we use eucalyptus oil which is distiled from the leaves of the eucalypt (gum) tree. You should be able to get it in the US as you seem to have planted acres of these highly combustable trees.
It is also great for getting chewing gum out of hair and clothes, clearing zits, disinfectant and even water softener.
It's a great product - hundred of thousands of half-drunk koalas clinging to trees all around the country after imbibing on the raw product can't be wrong!!
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Thanks everyone for the innovative solutions! I will be giving them a go. Dwaine
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

Colin,
It’s known as the “ Best universal grit grime and effluent remover” or bugger for short. If you need to removed it “bugger it”.
Sorry folks Oz/Brit joke.
wrc

Post by wrc »

Another adhesive remover is "Oops" - sold at Home Depot, etc in a little flat can. Worked better than all the others, like Goo Gone, to remove very tacky adhesive from the inside of car doors (the water shield), & strapping tape residue from office furniture after moving.
Southpaw

Post by Southpaw »

I've taken sticker off gun cases, wood stocks and grips using WD-40 (a general purpose lubricant). It works great and takes of all the residue. Cleaning off adhesives is listed on the can as one of its' attributes. I hasn't stained or ruined any finishes either.

R.G.