Anshutz LP could I get a review?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
AJOO8

Anshutz LP could I get a review?

Post by AJOO8 »

My coach called me up and told me he found a used Anshutz LP. I was planning on getting the Steyr LP-10 but I can get a better deal on this gun. Aren't they pretty much a Steyr but with the weights on a rod and not on the barrel? How good is the recoil? Accuracy?
cdf

Post by cdf »

The frontsight element rotates , and has three available widths , the compensator is different , no barrel shroud , weight bar on trigger guard , which some say is a better location . I believe some older ones do not have barrel porting - ported barrel would be preferable .

It would serve you well if you could get a sharp deal , ditto an LP1 .

Let us know how you make out .

Chris
GaryBF

Anschutz LP@

Post by GaryBF »

AJ,
To expand on what Chris said above, the Anschutz LP@ and the Steyr LP10 are mechanical twins. The Anschutz is made by Steyr; the frame is the same, the internal workings are the same, and the grips are interchangeable. The Anschutz LP@ has the same recoil absorbing bolt as the LP10 and loads exactly the same. Both guns have the same fully adjustable rear sight. Although the trigger mechanisms are the same, the Steyr LP10 now uses a different trigger shoe that has fewer adjustments (this was discussed here a few months ago). As Chris mentioned, the two guns also differ in the barrel treatment: the Anschutz barrel is longer than the LP10 barrel and the sight radius is therefore longer. The Anschutz also weighs about 2oz more than the LP10. Accuracy should not even be a question-what part of Anschutz don’t you understand ;) ? The weight bar on the Anschutz weighs 100g and each weight ring is 25g, so you can add some serious weight if you really need to. Fortunately the weight bar is removable because it does interfere with removal of the air cylinder. While the Anschutz LP@ may not have the same appearance, name recognition and appeal as the Steyr LP10, it gives up nothing in terms of function, which is what really matters.

Re: Anschutz LP@

Post by Guest »

GaryBF wrote:AJ,
The Anschutz also weighs about 2oz more than the LP10.
The LP10 is actually a little heavier than the LP@ (both with no weights or weightbar fitted) due to its full length barrel shroud.

Post by Guest »

according to the manuals both have the same length barrel its just that somehow the LP@ has a longer sight radius than lp10.

the grip is the same morini but note that there is an additional peice of plastic in the lp10 grip which i cannot find in the LP@ blown up view(there are no LP@ for me to physically look at).

i feel that looking at gross weight is only half the question a difference of a few ounce makes no significant difference whats more important is the CG and grip.

btw do the manufacturers weight the guns with a full or empty cylinder?

Post by Guest »

The LP@ compensater sticks out past the muzzle about 3cm more than the Steyr.

The LP@ grip doesn't use the plastic spacer. To put an LP@ action into a genuine steyr grip, you've got to use the spacer.

The LP10 has more weight forward because of the shroud (no weights or weightbars fitted)

I would imagine they are weighed empty. Theres only about 15 or 20 grams in a fill of air from empty.
AJOO8

Post by AJOO8 »

I SHOT IT I SHOT IT!!! Just shot some air but I'm sold on it! Way better than the Walther CP2!!!!!!!!!! Going to buy once I get a price settled!
cdf

Post by cdf »

I wish you many tens , and a happy shooting career with her !

Chris