Steyr LP2 Barrel Weights

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
titantoppler

Steyr LP2 Barrel Weights

Post by titantoppler »

Hi all,

I would like to know how I can attach the included barrel weights onto my Steyr LP2? There doesn't seem to be anything for the barrel weight to attach itself firmly on.

Thanks
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

From memory, doesn't the weight just clamp over the top of the barrel on the LP2?
titantoppler

Post by titantoppler »

It looks like it's supposed to be. But since there's nothing to attach it, the moment I lift up the gun the weight falls off. Trust me, I've tried it many times and ended up looking like an idiot in the range because everytime the weight fell onto the table it made this really loud clanging sound.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Isn't there a screw through the side of the weight.
titantoppler

Post by titantoppler »

Yes, there is. However, I'm not really sure what's the purpose of it since the screw doesn't seem to be doing anything useful. Even when I screw the screw inwards, the barrel weight still falls off. =(
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Have you tried doing it up tight.
titantoppler

Post by titantoppler »

Hm...good point. I'll try doing it when I go for training tomorrow. Will update on the results.

Cheers!
=)
lucky

lp-2 barrell weights

Post by lucky »

i shoot a lp-2 excellent weapon on the barrell weight put it on the barrel thighten screw this spreads the top crack in weight apart thightening the bottom of weight onto the barrell, try it it works just fine great simple idea.