Steyr LP1 C02 filling help!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

Steyr LP1 C02 filling help!

Post by darticus »

The manual says put the cartridge in the fridge for about 10 mins.Room temp is about 70 degrees, will this be OK?Put the adaptor on the tank with wrench. Screw cooled cylinder onto adapter on tank.Open cylinder valve to let CO2 into cylinder.Than shut valve off. How long do you leave it open for?Remove cylinder from adaptor.Check maximum total weight(tara+C02filling quantity). Bleed off extra weight(use gram scale).
What the weight the cylinder says-Steyr 250BAR
Tara 0.340KG
KOHLENDIOXID 0.053KG
MAX 0.393KG
Questions 1.Do I have to empty the cylinder first?
2.How long do I leave the CO2 tank to cylinder valve open?
3.Will the cylinder blow if I leave the valve open too long?
4.Someone said you turn the CO2 tank with cylinder attached upside down and open the valve.True or False?
5.Is this the same procedure to use with an aluminum cylinder? With total weight of 0.171KG?
6.Won't blow Aluminum cylinder will I?
THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP! Ron
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

1 No

2 if the tank is cold, 15 seconds should be enough

3 No, but it is a quick way to cool down the cylinder

4a If you use a tank that has a 'draft' tube (i.e. it draws from the bottom of the tank) do not turn the tank upside down. It will draw liquid CO2 fro the bottom of the tank. Commercial CO2 bottles with an intenal tube will normally have a painted black line running the length of the tank. If using a CO2 fire extinguisher tank, these will normally have the tube fitted.

4b If you use a tank that does not have a tube, turning the bulk CO2 cylinder upside down is common practice, but it is not good for the seals on the bulk tank, and I think tends to make it too easy to overfill your firearm cylinder.

5 Yes

6 Provided the alloy cylinder is designed for the use and in good condition there is no problem.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Spencer
darticus

THANKS

Post by darticus »

Maybe I'll try to fill this weekend.Ron
darticus

Tried to fill!

Post by darticus »

Tank was 64 degrees, in garage, and cylinder was in freezer for 15 mins.The cylinder says .393kg but only fills to .360kg.Help needed!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Have you read the article on the Pilkguns site on Shooting CO2 Pistols?
darticus

Thanks David

Post by darticus »

Will go and read it.Jim E helped and I'm good to go.Thanks