Match Guns MG5

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nithro[SWE]

Match Guns MG5

Post by Nithro[SWE] »

Hello out there,

I am just wondering about the MG5, I have tried one and ordered one, but wanted to hear with You in here if anyone own one and what they think of the gun. I am not looking for any thoughts from people that just dislike it after testing it, since I liked it. I want to hear from those that own/have owned one what the positive and negative ends are.

Thanks in advance

Morgan S
Matvei

Post by Matvei »

I think the MG5 is a furher development of Hämmerli FP10 (today SAM FP50). Only extra balancing rods there. I have shot FP10 for four years and IMHO it fits my hand perfectly. Maybe it is not as forgiving as TOZ 35, but as you get costomized with it it hits the bulleys.
As I am writing only for FP10, I cannot give exact answers, but the adjustements should be enough.

So, if you feel the MG5 is your choice, take it and send your comments and experiences perhaps to this or other fora.

Greetings from your neighbouring coutry. Yours is the guess from which side east or west.
tseuG

The MG5, - a near copy of the FT10

Post by tseuG »

One unequality is apparent: the lever. The black flat plastics handle of the FP 10 is gone, an ugly "steel wire" is substituted.

The trigger unit is a bit diffrent, but not much. Both trigger are a bit unstable at low release weights. Some strange inconsistent spongy "creep" is occasionally felt just prior to let-off, as with the FP 10.
The action is very similar, and it dismantles the same way as that of the FP10.

The big difference will be the electronic version, MG5-E, supposed to get ashores in a few months.