steyr lg100

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pointingdevices

Girlfriend

Post by pointingdevices »

My girlfriend wants me to inform everyone that she bought me the Tech Force 79. She is quite the girlfriend. I had a pic of that gun up by my computer for months as the gun to get for sub $300. Then one day she bought it to suprise me with. MMMMmmmm.... girlfriend!
cdf

Post by cdf »

Deviceboy , our host would certainly give you top notch support on anything you bought from him . I personally think the LG110 is a tight little package . I dont regret the purchase at all . I like the fact that I can get all my gear , rifle included in one duffel . If I were to repurchase , it would be a choice between the FWB 700 and and the LG110 . FWIW , my experience with Styer pistols has been very positive , the company is not short of engineering talent .

Chris
pointingdevices

LG100 vs LG110

Post by pointingdevices »

Sure liked the look of the LG100 with the yellow and black laminate. Then there is the fine work of Alan Zasadny on the LG100. Does anyone know what the difference(s) is/are between the LG100 and the LG110?
cdf

Post by cdf »

The barrel mounting system is a wee bit more rugged on the 110 , there are more adjustments possible . The takedown feature has been simplified ( one allen bolt rather than latches . Sight riser blocks come with the 110 . The foresight is 22mm rather than 18 mm . The woodwork is plain jane black ( thats good as rifle shooters will feel more comfortable modifying to suit ) . The cheekpiece is a square blok of wood , rather than sculptured ( most rifle shooters prefer the square block configuration ) . The sight riser blocks can be adjusted for left , right or center and have spacers so height can be fine tuned .

I have probably ommited a few things . I believe the 110 has a more complete selection of barrel weights right out of the box . I also believe the the pistol grip is more adjustable . A couple of vetran shooters from our club , including a 100 owner thought that the improvements were both substantial and commonsencical .

Chris

Post by Guest »

A teammate of mine shoots an lg 100 and if i'm not mistaken, that's the take-down model, correct? three pieces? I thought the 110 was not a t-d. There's something in my programming telling me not to take the sights off each time shooting (tho my Walther won't fit in the case w/o doing so) much less take the gun apart!
cmj

Post by cmj »

My daughter has been shooting the LG110 all summer and loves it, before that, it was an Anschutz 2002 Jr model. Even taking the sights off everytime and taking down the rifle don't seem to effect the shot placement. It is where it was at when she finished shooting the prior time.
Anybody know if anyone using the LG110 at the worl Championships?
peepsight

Steyr LG100 & 110

Post by peepsight »

Hi Guys
Just a few thoughts on all the posts i have read on the Steyr air rifles.
Firstly, Anschutz have shares in Steyr Sportwaffen hence there has been some sharing of components i.e. Steyr now use Anschutz barrels and some trigger components. Anschutz now use the Steyr stabilizer in their latest model air rifles. Tests prove it to be the most effective stab.

The LG110 has had a cosmetic face lift compared to the LG100, although all the internal mechanism is the same. They have included more adjustment and a new butt plate bar weight system.

As an engineer, i have found no problem with the my take down LG100 and it will still one hole group with JSB 4.49 after 2 years of heavy use.

Serious 10m shooters are a conservative bunch and they will stick to the well established makes such as FWB, Anschutz and Walther.

Heammerlie are also suffering slightly like Steyr for some world class shooter to use their rifle and start winning with it.

The Steyr LG100 & 110 do need to be balanced carefully and i suggest that you fix the C OF G about 5cm infront of where your support hand goes on the fore end.

If any body wants to ask me any questions on the Steyr, i will try to answer them as honestly as i can.

peepsight
peepsight

Steyr LG100 & 110

Post by peepsight »

Hi Guys
Just a few thoughts on all the posts i have read on the Steyr air rifles.
Firstly, Anschutz have shares in Steyr Sportwaffen hence there has been some sharing of components i.e. Steyr now use Anschutz barrels and some trigger components. Anschutz now use the Steyr stabilizer in their latest model air rifles. Tests prove it to be the most effective stab.

The LG110 has had a cosmetic face lift compared to the LG100, although all the internal mechanism is the same. They have included more adjustment and a new butt plate bar weight system.

As an engineer, i have found no problem with the my take down LG100 and it will still one hole group with JSB 4.49 after 2 years of heavy use.

Serious 10m shooters are a conservative bunch and they will stick to the well established makes such as FWB, Anschutz and Walther.

Heammerlie are also suffering slightly like Steyr for some world class shooter to use their rifle and start winning with it.

The Steyr LG100 & 110 do need to be balanced carefully and i suggest that you fix the C OF G about 5cm infront of where your support hand goes on the fore end.

If any body wants to ask me any questions on the Steyr, i will try to answer them as honestly as i can.

peepsight