Air Pistol Targets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Cheng

Air Pistol Targets

Post by Cheng »

Do you all know where on the web i can go to print out some practice targets for basemt use??? or does someone have one on file they can email me?

thanks in advance.

Cheng
cdf

Post by cdf »

Glocktalk has all kinds of targets . That said many find it better to buy targets . Target paper is designed to tear cleanly , leaving round holes ( due to short fibers ) . Ink and paper are expensive , and unless you can get a lot of free photocopies at work , is cost prohibitive . The color is also wrong , why practice on something you won't be shooting at for real ?

Our host sells edelman , which are about the best . Canada targets also produces a good quality target . I used to print my own , but cant be bothered anymore . As your groups improve , you will find plain paper targets frustrating to score due to unclean holes .

Most importantly , enjoy you new pistol , The LP50 is a masterpiece of the modern gunmaker's art .

Chris
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Unless you want to print your own targets so you can scale them to something other than the regulation 10m distance, I think most folks here will suggest you go ahead and buy some quality preprinted targets. The big difference you'll see is that your pellets will punch really nice clean round holes in the special card stock used in quality targets, making it easy to score. By contrast, ordinary laser or copy paper tears and shreds; it's just not worth the miniscule savings.

Personally, I like the Edelmann brand our host, Pilkguns, sells. Practicing in my basement, I usually put 20 shots through each target before it gets to where I can't figure out which was the new hole. I bought a huge stack several years ago and they were cheap enough that here I am, still only halfway through them, and I can't possibly remember what I paid anymore. Whatever it was, it was inconsequential in the scheme of things.

Btw, you didn't ask about a trap, but you'll hear a fair amount of discussion of the silent kind that use putty vs. the noisy metal ones. I live alone and always wear ear protection anyway, so a little noise is unimportant (it's not enough my neighbors would ever hear and my cat doesn't get a vote) and without that as a consideration, I can't imagine why I'd want to bother picking pellets out of the putty! So personally, I use an Outers metal trap, which I think was about $50 or so. Works great for me and it's very convenient.
cdf

Post by cdf »

Cheng , if possible you should try and find a good club . Home practice is good , but practice with others , and a bit of constructive competition is better . It can shorten your learning curve . Other shooters can help you a lot . Practicing under varied conditions is also good . Home is a good place for dry fire practice . Dry fire isn't much fun , but the dividends are great . It can lead to a medatative state , where you can really see whats going on with your shot process . You cn get a dryfire magazine from our host , this makes it a bit more realistic .

Chris
wasatch

Re: Air Pistol Targets

Post by wasatch »

I'd like to print some targets scaled for 7.5m. Is there a source of appropriate paper that'll punch clean holes?

I guess I could buy a bunch of 10m targets and print on the reverse...
morten

Post by morten »

Download the SCATT simulator software here: http://www.scatt.com/file_download/88/s ... -setup.exe

After you install it, you'll be able to print correct scaled targets (air pistol to) :-)

Go to menu "Tools" and choose "Print Targets" Print on quality paper

Deigeh Nisht

Post by Deigeh Nisht »