Repair Question...replacing hinged ejector, GSP .32

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Flyboy Shooter

Repair Question...replacing hinged ejector, GSP .32

Post by Flyboy Shooter »

The hinged ejector on my walther broke recently and I've been having some problems getting the old one out. I have a replacement part and it looks like all I should have to do is to punch out the old pin, pushing from the outside of the slide. I've only succeded in denting the old pin and a part of the frame..it seems the metal both the frame and pin are made of are fairly soft. Is there any trick to this before I do any more damage?????

Thanks, Jesse
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I had to replace an ejector over 20 years ago.

I don't know if they have changed the design but, back then, I had to drill the old pin out.

Replacing it was a bit tricky. I put the pin through the ejector and then through the receiver from the inside. I used the square end of a 1/2" drive socket set extension shaft as an anvil and used a centre punch on the pin from the outside.

I don't know if that is the correct way to do it but it worked for me, sort of.

I say "sort of" because I could never get the pin tight enough. The original required the ejector to be pulled down out of the receiver, with the replacement it always just flopped down by itself. That was no problem apart from needing a bit more care when re-assembling after cleaning or changing calibre.

I hope this is clear and helps.
Reinhamre

GSP

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

Warning! Do NOT punch out the old pin. Drill it out.
I have found this page to help you but it is in Swedish ,the pictures may be of some help. Be careful.
I may translate if the need will arise later.

Kent

http://web.telia.com/~u89803275/vapentips/GSP.htm
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I wish I had this problem to get it out, mine just keeps falling out. Thanks for those pictures. I have to find or make sometype of anvil so I can expand the new pin. It's seems to be a job for either two people or someone with three hands. When I nod my head hit it.
Flyboy Shooter

Thanks!

Post by Flyboy Shooter »

Thank you everyone for your quick tips and responses! I think I'm gonna leave it to someone who knows what they're doing, at least for now! A translation on that site at some point would be cool, let me know if you do translate it at any point.

Jesse