What is the best Feinwerkbau P700 10M Air Rifle, sights..etc

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

heavy

What is the best Feinwerkbau P700 10M Air Rifle, sights..etc

Post by heavy »

I am new to all Olympic rifle disciplines but I am most intrigued about 10m Air rifle. I have been down to Bisley shooting ground and had a couple of hours on the electronic target range with a borrowed hammerelli rifle. I used what I had which was a glove and shot a round of 60. I got a score of 494. May I ask you knowledgeable people out there "what is the best rifle? Your answer is "go away and search!” I have searched and I have come up with the Feinwerkbau P700 series. I am not sure of the technical differences between the models as the Feinwerkbau web site does not really tell you. Could you please guide me on this? Also I am interested in a decent pair of sights. Does the Feinwerkbau P700 come standard with sights? If so are the standard sights EASILY adequate to see me through the 580's, if not please guide me upon what sights would be adequate. In addition, to end upon I would like some additional information on what else you think would be good for me to buy?

Thank you for not falling asleep whilst I babble on!

James
snapy050

Welcome

Post by snapy050 »

Hi,

You have made the right choice! I also went through a lot of hustle before I could conclude that fwb p700 is the best air rifle in the world at present. Its very reliable.. Its very customisable to every shooter's body structure. and according to me, a technically sound person will find joy in setting the rifle.

feinwerkbau 700 alu comes with their standard sights. Which I feel is good enough. But I have seen a lot of people using anschutz 7002 sights on their air rifles especially the 20 click ones..

The only additional accessory that you may need is a 10 colors polorisation filters and i find it very useful since my home range is a bit dim and i use yellow to counter that.
The second best option is Walther because of their services and reliablity.. But if you look at the international medals tally, no rifle has been as successful as the feinwerkbau.

All the best and welcome to Rifle Shooting.

Regards,

Rajesh Manpat,
Indian National Shooter
cdf

Post by cdf »

Around here most FWB owners fit Gehman sights . The FWB comes with sights which some owners consider inadequate . If I were you I would go with an adjustable front insert in 22mm and a rear sight with an adjustable iris .

At this point we step off the paved road into quagmire , re front sights -do you want lines ? Horizontal , and or vertical ? What is your age , do you have a lot of vision correction ? If you are older you may need something in the 4-6mm range .

As regards rear sights , and adjustable iris is desirable , do you want color filters , if so what colors ? Will you need polarisers , do you shoot outdoor venues ?

Try to find a knowledgable rifle shooter , and look at some prefered combos , with the caveat your eyes , vision correction , age etc. are not the same .

Some owners use Anchutz sights , thatway their small bore , and air outfits are similar . Another important point , what is your budget like ?

The stock FWB sights will be OK while you are learning and deciding , but you will probably want to upgrade the front sight insert , and possibly the rear sight element .

The question you have framed is a wee bit like asking " how long is a piece of string ?" .

Check out the excellent book " The ways of the rifle ". It will not give you answers , but will show you possabilities and combinations . It will also explain theory , and likley results .

Hope this helps , I'm in a similar position to the one you are in . I rely on advice I get from more experienced users .

Chris

PS : happy shooting with your 700 , a truly great rifle !
heavy

Post by heavy »

Thank you for all of your replies.
I am 15 years old and the last time I had my eyes checked was about a year ago. I currently do not need eye correction but I am noticing my eyesight deteriating (long range). I have no real budget but defiantly within £3500 total! I have also read up on jackets, trousers and shoes…Etc. Can someone give me some insight to what companies are most popular, prices please.

Thanks Again

James
cdf

Post by cdf »

heavy , as regards clothing , I don't know what dealers carry in the UK . Priority wise I would start out with a jacket and glove first , good flat court shoes second , and trousers third . As you are going to fill out a bit , see what is on the secondary market in the UK first . The rules governing trousers are changing at some time in the near future , again probably best not to buy new . Use the stock FWB sights , just get an adjustable front insert . Most important , find a good club with experienced shooters who will mentor you a bit .

Best of luck ,

Chris
B&S

Post by B&S »

A great air gun no dought. I found that the 700 is a bit mussel heavy especially for a small person. I had to add a lot of weight to the rear to move the center of ballance further back toward my daughters support hand. The rifle does not come with extra weights so you may have to make your own if that is the case for you. Goog luck
B&S

Post by B&S »

A great air gun no dought. I found that the 700 is a bit mussel heavy especially for a small person. I had to add a lot of weight to the rear to move the center of ballance further back toward my daughters support hand. The rifle does not come with extra weights so you may have to make your own if that is the case for you. The bottom of the butt plate is not too good. I would suggest an after market one like MEC or others. My daughter did very good with the original rear sight and the repeatability is very good. Plenty good enough for starters. Goog luck
heavy

Post by heavy »

With the rifle experience I have, I have found out I like front heavy rifles with alot of dead weight. Obviously there are limits but within reason.

Thankyou for your imput

James