Old Shot Targets?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
AJOO8

Old Shot Targets?

Post by AJOO8 »

What y'all do with your old targets? Anyone recycle them or burn them?
I got a stack of them but I don't just want to trash them...
Is there a company that takes old targets and makes them into knew ones?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

AJ:

My daughter used to make her own paper out of old newspapers etc. (it was a Girl Scout Thing). She would use my old targets, turn them into slush, and had some rack/press thing that she would use to make new paper (well, it was really kind of a "shirt cardboard" kind of product).

I would turn around and use the recycled suff (in layers) as target backers for centerfire practice.

Hey, it kept her busy!

Steve Swartz
CraigE

make blank cards from them

Post by CraigE »

Cut the blank squares (with good practice, these should be there) and cut them to tape on the backs of other practice targets. That should provide blank cards to begin training sessions without using up more good Edelmans. My $0.02 CraigE
Bruce Martindale

Post by Bruce Martindale »

Standard Pistol and NRA type targets get re used for center fire.

AP with 5 shots simply get a patch of masking tape on the back and are reused. Targets with all 10's or a couple 9's can be reused as is. Hey if the center is gone and you put more thru the 10, it is clearly still a 10.
For training, keep shooting practice till you drop say 5 points then change

Edelmans are just TOO good to toss with 5 shots.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

We use our used match targets as practice targets for our junior team and beginner shooters (as does the junior club at the Olympic Training Center).
I had a self-inking stamp made so I can flip the target over and make targets out of the 4 corners.
Happy Shooting!