New LG110 has arrived , initial impressions :

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

cdf

New LG110 has arrived , initial impressions :

Post by cdf »

First I'll qualify this , I'm a novice rifle shooter ,with outdated experience .

I just aquired an LG110 from the Canadian importer , I hotfooted out the club to give it a baptism by fire .

The build quality appears excellent , the ergos, and adjustments are well thought out . A number of experienced shooters comented on large improvements over the LG100 . Ergonomically , it fells "nicer "than the Anschutz 9003 , and a bit heavier than the FWB 700 . The cheekpiece attracted favorable attention , being a nice square block of wood . That being what most shooters fabricate for themselves anyway .

It looks like Styer has noted their customer feedback , and incorporated a number of significant improvements .

Hopefully , I'll have many productive and happy seasons .

Chris

Post by Guest »

Congrats on your purchase that's a nice piece, I've read very good reviews on that rifle.

I think that you can't go wrong on any of the top brand names models.

I'm still waiting for my FWB700, I'll write my impressions when it gets here.

Happy shooting.
snapy050

fwb 700 alu

Post by snapy050 »

Mine is a fwb 700 alu about 20 days old.. Its Black and got killing looks.. The very first sight at it, I said to my self.. Just you and me mike, we go back to back and conquer the world..

The amount of confidence one feels that yopu have in your hand, The worlds best air rifle will itself put you in the 590's ! I lived up to my expectations, all the things I had herd about it, all very true.. Just the kind of rifle one needs to prove himself as a world class shooter.

I was in 2 minds to go for 9003 or fwb 700 alu? I made up my mind based on what the national coach lazlo said.. that " fwb is a good weapon, nice weapon.. walther is also a nice weapon now but fwb seems to have performed better. How ever I suggest you to go for a wooden stock because of its simplicity and even your squad shooters are using the same"

I went in for a fwb ALU as I know myself as a technically strong person.
The rifle is totally customisable.. Great grip in right hand and also the cheek. I dont think any other rifle can give more than a fwb 700 alu in terms of performance which otherwise you can get more shots per refill, different colours, better names, or better colors all thats worth peanuts!

I still believe Feinwerkbau 700 Alu is the best rifle in the world! If you dont agree to this, wait and watch me prove it!
cdf

Post by cdf »

In all honesty , had I known what I know now ;I would have ordered a FWB 700 . ( If for no reason that I ordered my LG100 in Oct. and have only just recieved it a couple of days ago - ) The examples of the 700 I've seen fit and suit me very well , and it's probably the best out there as we speak .

That said , I very much doubt I'll ever be able to perform at the level the LG 100 is capable of . I like the takedown feature , since I dont like schleping around with a lot of stuff that just screams "gun" .

All that said , I'm very happy with the rifle , I feel confident in it and the dealer/repairers that stand behind it . Had I ordered the FWB , I would have had it in a matter of days , and might have got in enuff practice to try my hand at the Canadian Grand Prix .

Well their's always next year .

Chris