Fiocchi 320 SM anyone else like this ammo?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

hipwr223

Fiocchi 320 SM anyone else like this ammo?

Post by hipwr223 »

After buying a new 2013 in alu stock I have tested a pile of different ammo. Everything shoots pretty darn well in this rifle. But this rifle, like my Winchester 52C International both shoot the new Fiocchi 320 SM better than any other .22 out there. Better than 10X and better than Midas. Any one else find this ammo to be extremely accuracte and consistent? BTW it is noticably faster than any other match ammo I have tried recently too.
ADC59

Re: Fiocchi Super Match

Post by ADC59 »

I found a lot of Fiocchi SM 320 at our club that shoots very well in a Walther GX-1 I have. To test smallbore ammo I shoot 20 shot groups prone with a scope at 100 yards. My test group with the Fiocchi SM 320 was 1" center to center for 19 shots with a vertical flyer (me) opening the group up to 1.25".
That's pretty good for me.

The Fiocchi SM 320 shooting several minutes higher than Eley match ammo. Fiocchi Match 320, the next step down, prints in the same group.

I think this is an older lot distributed from Kesselring's 8 - 10 years ago. My conclusion is that Fiocchi match ammunition is definitely worth testing.

Thanks
Alan Carey
Rob

Post by Rob »

If that Kesselring's place was from the state of Washington, Then I bought three cases of 320SM years ago. I think it was $290.00 a case delivered to your door. I used it in my Pardini standard pistol and TOZ. Now I use it in my 1827 Fortner. Good stuff for the money.
ADC59

Fiocchi SM 320 - Kesselring's

Post by ADC59 »

Rob:

Yes, Kesselring's is located about 60 miles north of Seattle. If you're in Seattle, it's worth a visit. I don't know the circumstances, but a few years ago they had a large quantity of Fiocchi 320SM at a good price. I've haven't seen any there for a few years. I think Champions Choice has Fiocchi 320SM listed.

Alan Carey
hipwr223

Post by hipwr223 »

I have been getting mine from Champions Choice. I am amazed at how well this stuff shoots. It not only shoots great in my 2013 and 52 Intl, but it shoots awesome in my CLE dedicated AR upper with douglass barrel. I am pretty hooked on this SM320.