Standard Trigger for Lp5

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K-60

Standard Trigger for Lp5

Post by K-60 »

I bought an Lp5 with a heavy trigger to practice Timed & Rapid for Bullseye. Since then I have decided I like Air Pistol better. Would it be better to put a standard trigger in the Lp5 ? Smoother, Crisper, better in any way ?
Fabian

LP5

Post by Fabian »

If you really like air pistol better, trade your LP50 for an LP10 or other single shot match airpistol. If you do a site search you will find a wealth of info on all airguns and comparisons between one and the others. You would also find info related to accuracy of the LP50 vs. the single shots like the LP10.

Just my opinion.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Fabian's advice is good.

Having said that however, although the standard LP5 trigger is not as good as a top quality single shot trigger, I have never tried an LP5 1360g trigger that I would describe as anything other than "grim". Just my opinion based on trying between 5 and 10 1360g triggers.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

K-60,

My first AP was an LP50 with a heavy trigger and I bought it for precisely the same reason you bought yours - to practice BE shooting. And just like you, it wasnt long before I realized how much fun AP shooting is.

I agree with David, the standard LP50 trigger is not on par with some of the high end single shot AP's. However, while it's not as good it is still perfectly suitable for competition. I was shooting very well with the LP50 before being seduced by the Morini 162EI. And to be honest, while I love the Morini, I didnt see any significant increase in scores which I could attribute to the Morini trigger when I made the transition.

You should have no problem shooting excellent scores with the LP50 if you decided to hold off on spending the considerable cash for any of the single shots out there.

I highly recommend ordering a single shot magazine for the LP50 if you are going to shoot matches with it. It is much easier to load and I think eliminates some of the variables associated with the five shot mags which may negatively affect accuracy. My LP50 shot the best groups with 4.50 sized pellets.

Good luck and may all your tens be deep ones.

F. Paul