Junior's air pictures

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kiko

Junior's air pictures

Post by kiko »

Hi all.
I just saw the pictures of the Juniors air match at the USA shooting web page. Interesting the way they had the targets set. very practicall btw. 4 targets on a plywood board for a pistol shooter and some 20 or 30 black circles for the rifle one's.
I wonder how the shooters fired at it, I mean with out cross firing, I mean two shots at each, and try to remember no to put a third one, or maybe they were recording their shots on a notepad or something, interesting and bizarre at the same time.
K.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

4 bull cards for air pistol and 10 bull cards for rifle are common and pretty easy to use. If you are used to using single bulls on target carriers it is strange the first time, but you get used to it. Shoot them in the same order each time and if you can use scopes, then you can check yourself. THe rules allow 2 cases of firing the wrong number of shots on a target without penalty, so if you put 6 shots on a bull instead of 5 it is no big deal.

As a pistol shooter, I have to break position after each bull and restart on the new bull. I tried shooting one bull (5 shots) then keeping the position, and dropping down to bull below, but found it to be uncomfortable. After dry firing and shooting 5 shots on a bull, it felt wrong to line up 10 inches lower. Stopping, stepping back and rebuilding the stance works better for me.

Steve T
kiko

Post by kiko »

That was interesting Steve, I mean your second part.

I'm used to shoot only at one target in the carriers, but now I'm shooting at 20ft at reduced targets on a pellet trap. I managed to print 4 bulls on a single target in order to save paper and walking, BUT it feels akward eventhough they are close it feels unreal to move or realign a few inches away from the center. Nothing beats to shoot just straight. K.