Need help with vaule of Hammerli 215 and 208s

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
F. Paul - Switzerland

Need help with vaule of Hammerli 215 and 208s

Post by F. Paul - Switzerland »

Howdy all. I'm in Switzerland and have a a chance to pick up a a couple of really great guns:

Hammerli 215 in 98 percent condition. Price $800. I dont know much about the 215 but the trrigger on this one is every bit as good as that on my 208

They also have a NIB 208s at $2000 USD with some very beautiful engraving on it.

What does the collective brain trust out there think about the pirces on these two guns??

F. Paul in Switzerland
Reinhamre

Value

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

The 215 is a cheep model of the 208 and will ALWAYS be inferior in value.
If you have a 208, do not buy the 215 even if it great unless it is for someone else.

The 208S on the other hand is a different story. Buy it and sell your 208 that you have at home. The US$ rate will not be better against the SwissF.
That pistol you may never come by again.

Kent

Post by Guest »

Thank you Kent - I appreciate3 your quick reply.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

both guns are probably worth it, but don't forget you will have several hundred dollars in shipping and 11% excise tax to pay when you bring them in the US. You will need an approved Form 6 which will take 6-8 weeks to get approved before you can import. Its funny, but Switzerland, where gun ownership is freer than any of the EU neighbors, seems to have the most restrictive export regulations on firearms.
F. Paul in Switzerland

Post by F. Paul in Switzerland »

Thanks Scott - I got the store owner to throw in the shipping (when dealing with Italians in Switzerland, it helps when you can speak/beg in Italian). All I had to pay was the $800 for the gun + $50 for the export fee.

I'll be happy to pay the 11 % to Uncle Sam considering there was no sales tax on this end.

Thanks for the info.

Paul