Alfa-PROJ Revolvers

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

K38

Alfa-PROJ Revolvers

Post by K38 »

Does anyone know anything about the Alfa-Proj revolvers. It looks like they have a nice .32 target revolver. They seem to have a USA dealer at www.gunxusa.com The model 763 seems to be close to the model 3263. They show it with a red dot sight!? The price is a bit less than $700 if it is any good I'd buy one just as an experiment.

Thanks,

Dwight
Jim Cruise

Post by Jim Cruise »

A friend has just received his (put 100 rounds thru so far). Appears well finished and smooth trigger in the all steel version, although I did detect what I thought was a bit of creep in taking up the pressure after cocking it - want to fire it before making more judgements. However my first impression was it is quite front heavy with the full barrel underlug.

I may get to shoot it this weekend & if so will report back.

Also had a look at the alloy version - considerably lighter in front end, but had rails underneath on the underbarrel lug for taking weights.
Some minor differences in trigger & hammer shapes. Front sights stick up very tall, perhaps giving an impression of a low barrel line ?
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

They came up for brief discussion early last year via a .32 revolver that had been made by them but then re-branded by an Italian company.

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=8313

The Alfa-Proj products certainly look well made and the Czech's do have a long and noble history of manufacturing high quality small arms. The target revolvers certainly do look nice and I have to say I'm quite taken by the Model 3863 in .38 special (on the catalogue downloaded from the Gunsxusa site). As for the revolver rifles and carbines - COOL! I think I've only ever seen revolver rifles in museums until now.
The AP could be a good entry level pistol, but it is a shame that they didn't design a pre-charged version.

I wish Gunxusa well in their distribution venture. If the product is good and they can maintain a high level of customer support and service, they could become the new EAA (seeing that anecdotally, EAA doesn't seem to care too much about either support or service).
top end

Post by top end »

Jim, who is the dealer in Australia?
K38

Alfa-PROJ Revolvers

Post by K38 »

I talked with the Owner of Gunx on the 'phone today. he has not gotten his final approval for his FFL, but he seemed confident that it was in the works. He was afraid that I would find the model 763 expensive, but at less than $700MSRP it seems pretty reasonable to me. I hope these guns work out as they fill a niche that is empty in the US. May be it will get S&W to make some more 16-3's!!

Dwight
Mike McDaniel

Post by Mike McDaniel »

I would dearly love to get my hands on a K-32
K38

K32

Post by K38 »

The K 32 seems to be made of the element Unubtanium. I have heard of a 16-3 for $2500 NIB I have seen a couple of Colt Officers Model Target (pre war) for 1000-1200 in .32 colt new police (.32 S&W Long)

Dwight

"Oh Lord won't ya buy me an old .32"
Jim Cruise

Post by Jim Cruise »

Top End.

The Australian dealer is Potter Firearms, Brisbane.
07 3841 4700 or www.potfire.com.au

Haven't got to play with it yet.