What is going on with MP-672?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Stefan

What is going on with MP-672?

Post by Stefan »

Does anyone know anything about the future availability of IZH's precompressed airpistol, the MP-672 PCP? Their web site shows a picture of a "preproduction" model and there is a note about Sergei Barmin taking first place with 584 points with it at the Russian Air Gun Shooting Championship in April, but nothing more that I could find.

Stefan
kiwi47

Post by kiwi47 »

Hi Stefan,

Yeah, I've been watching that, too, for about 6 months!! There seems to be no progress in getting the pistol into production - don't know why. If the loooonng wait folk are having for the restock of IZH46-Ms is any indication, it'll be a while before these are available!

kiwi47
Matvei

Post by Matvei »

I guess our Russian shooting colleagues are as eager as we to see the new pistol alive. If you can read Russian, you can go to talks.guns.ru/forumtopics/30.html , and see that some of them are also waiting for the MP-672.
kiwi47

Post by kiwi47 »

Well, I had a prowl through the Russian forum, and discovered that one enquirer had actually been offered an MP-672 for 14000 roubles, but without the air cylinder!! When asked where a cylinder could be had, the seller's answer was "dunno - we don't have them"!! I suspect this might have been a pre-production gun, being sold "on the sly". At $490US!!

Another chap wanting to buy one in Moscow was told that the production pistol is still not yet available, so it looks like the US market still faces a wait of some months.

kiwi47

Post by Guest »

Maybe the German manufacturers made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

conspiracy theorist

Post by Guest »

Now Baikal show this pistol on production. Technical date are not exact (i think)
Who have seen it?

http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/124.html#tth
Andino

baikal PCP

Post by Andino »

If you see the barrel lenght in these pistol is 280mm, if you compare with the STEYR LP10 (227mm), the diference in enormous, 53mm, more than 20% longer. I want to try these pistol, I am waiting.

Andino
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It's not exactly a lightweight is it.

Even if the 1300g includes the weights it is still a lot of metal.

I just weighed my 162EI and with 2 weights on the long under-cylinder weight bar it is still only 1115g.

Post by Guest »

If you see the barrel lenght in these pistol is 280mm, if you compare with the STEYR LP10 (227mm), the diference in enormous, 53mm, more than 20% longer. I want to try these pistol, I am waiting.

Andino
Also the "old" izh-46m has the same barrel lenght.
It's not exactly a lightweight is it.

Even if the 1300g includes the weights it is still a lot of metal.

I just weighed my 162EI and with 2 weights on the long under-cylinder weight bar it is still only 1115g.
I think there is a mistake on data reported on site.
I have the izh-46m: baikal declare 1300 g, but is "only" 1220. So i think that this, without cocking lever and piston mechanism, will be less than what declared...
I think the pistol would be nearly 1000-1100 without additional weights... but, if none have seen it....
Nano

izh pcp pistol

Post by Nano »

Guest:

The ISSF have a rule for the air pistols, to not exced 1500 gr, I can think the rules are maked to the shooters dont take advantage, like F1 can´t put more than 90lt of gasoline, is a rule to make the teams have to make one or two stops in pits, in these case if one team put more gasoline are having an advantage.
Aparently the weight is beneficial to the shooter, but we can see the new FWB P44 pistol, offering less weight (950gr) and other brands going to offer less weight in the pistols, there is a general tendency of the European factories to diminish the weight in the guns.

The Russian dont continue the fashion of the european factories, they have heavy pistols, maybe in the future all the shooters are using havy pistols too.

I think that the weight is not a problem.

I am sure that the Russian gun does not bring absorver either, not drills in the barrel nor air compensator. Like the TOZ free pistol, only the absoluite necesary to shot.

Nano

Re: izh pcp pistol

Post by Guest »

Nano wrote: Aparently the weight is beneficial to the shooter, but we can see the new FWB P44 pistol, offering less weight (950gr) and other brands going to offer less weight in the pistols, there is a general tendency of the European factories to diminish the weight in the guns.
P44 is beautiful to see. Next month i'll can try it.
The Russian dont continue the fashion of the european factories, they have heavy pistols, maybe in the future all the shooters are using havy pistols too.
I think the russian don't want to adventure on modifing an economic project: there are light materials, but they are expensive!
I don't know the price of this pistol, i wish it will be less of a morini!
I am sure that the Russian gun does not bring absorver either, not drills in the barrel nor air compensator. Like the TOZ free pistol, only the absoluite necessary to shot.
Nano
I'm curious to see a group of this pistol! Izzy 46 is impossible to rest to fire more than 1 shoot!
David Levene

Re: izh pcp pistol

Post by David Levene »

Nano wrote:The Russian dont continue the fashion of the european factories, they have heavy pistols, maybe in the future all the shooters are using havy pistols too.
Maybe light pistols are not suitable for everyone, but they do give you the option of adding weight where you want it, if you want it.

Removing weight from a heavy pistol is somewhat more difficult.
ruig

Post by ruig »

This model is available in Russia. And with cylinder... 1 cylinder, which made of heavy metall... too heavy! Cast iron... Joke! Even with Manometer (most precision detail in this pistol)!!!
My previous Club has bought even 2 from Factory. After two weeks both were brocken. Service? :) no... it possible!... but how long?
Coach has maked himself.
I've send him in Russia cylinder from Steyr LP2 Compact... He says: "now better with weight!". Cylinders from Steyr fit to this Model.
Decision: pistol isn't ready for normal usage!!!

Common problems:
- Air leak (sometimes 10-15 Bar per day)
- Trigger mech.: ist not polished (for Ex.: sear...)
- Rear sight... adjustable... but... crooked :)
- Speed problems... up to +/- 12 m/s pro shoot!!!
- Grip... hm... in comparision with Morini Grips... "no grip!" :)
- ETC...!!! O-Rings....

Have a nice day with MP! :)
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

If anyone is interested, the Baikal MP-672 precharged pneumatic air pistol was on display at the EAA exhibit at the NRA Annual Meeting in St. Louis. The EAA rep told me that they received the gun just days before the show. He thought the gun would be available towards Fall for about $1100 USD. I was not particularly impressed, especially at $1100. The MP-672 is similar to the IZH-46M in many respects: the grip is nearly the same, the front sight is the same, the rear sight is very similar but has a notch depth adjustment via a sliding plate. It may have adjustable notch width but I am not certain. The trigger appeared to be the same marginally adjustable one as on the Izzy-still canted to the right (lefties need not apply). Also spotted was a dry fire control. Loading was just like the Izzy with a lift-up breech-block that also seemed to cock the trigger mechanism. The air cylinder is removeable and has a pressure guage. That's about all I can report. Please don't shoot the messenger!

Post by Guest »

GaryBF wrote:... the gun would be available towards Fall for about $1100 USD. I was not particularly impressed, especially at $1100.
1100$?????

Maybe this gun will have the same story of his sister, starting price very high, and after ten years, price will reduced half and will became a very popular gun on the market. Attending some years... ;(...