Airpistol for junior

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JamesN

Airpistol for junior

Post by JamesN »

I'm 16, and i've just started 10m airpistol. I've been using a izh 46m at the club. but due to distance, and school, i wont be able to shoot at the club very often.

I was shopping for a new pistol and talked to my coaches, and he said he had an izh 46m I could borrow. He suggested i use it for now, and buy a better pistol later on.

But due to the shortage of izh 46m's (stopped importing them) If i want to get one, I should get one now.

I'm wondering if it is worth it to get a used match grade pistol. I was looking at the steyr lp-1. Or Keep buy an izh 46m and stick with it.

My parents want me to get a better pistol so they wont have to buy another one. But It probably wont make much a difference in preformance since i'm still just starting out.
Ernie Rodriguez

air pistol-junior

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

James-I am not going into extensive details,but these are guide lines only.I would try to get a used Morini or a steyr a/p.They have all the fine qualities you might want and can grow into.They have a wide price range and they will command a decent price,should you decide to sell your a/p.Look for a Steyr LP1,LP2 or a series Morini 162.You won't be disappointed.Ernie
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I personally would go for the best you can afford (understanding that everyone has a budget). Having gone through this discussion with Warren, I recommend the used LP1 over the IZH-46. Myself, I bought a used Walther CPM-1 from Warren/Scott, cuz I could not afford a new LP-10.

However it is the shooter that makes the scores, not the gun. I have a friend with an IZH who regularly beats me.

The LP1 will require logistical support, scuba tank for CA or co2 tank if co2, while the IZH requires none of that. This is why people still buy SSP, and I still have my K58 for taking on vacation.

Gary