Buy a Steyr LP10 or LP50?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tristan

Buy a Steyr LP10 or LP50?

Post by Tristan »

I have a FWB 103 single pump AP and I'm ready to buy a CA. I can't decide between a Steyr LP10 or LP50. I would like the functionality of a 5 shot shooter, but I would rather have a more precise gun. I know you can buy a one shot clip for the LP50 that will make it competition legal but will you be sacrificing anything? I'm also thinking about competing down the line so which one should I get, when you're on a budget?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

For ultimate single shot shooting it would have to be the LP10. The LP50 is great if you will be shooting 5 shot comps but if not I would personally just get a single shot gun. You can always buy the LP50 (or 2nd hand LP5) in the future.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The LP50 and LP5 are both perfectly capable of shooting perfect scores providing that the sights are correctly aligned and there is a perfect trigger release.

Unfortunately the trigger on these guns, although not actually bad, is not as good as on the top class single shot pistols. It has to be of a more "rugged" design to cope with the cycling of the 5 shot mechanism.

This inferior trigger makes it harder to consistently get that perfect trigger release. It's not impossible, just harder.
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Thanks for the replies. That really helped. I guess I'll get the LP10.