fore sight goes left while coming in aiming area,why?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shradha nalamwar

fore sight goes left while coming in aiming area,why?

Post by shradha nalamwar »

I am a air pistol shooter having morini 162E.i am facing one problem that while coming down on target my hand goes left a little and with that my fore sight also goes left, when I comes naturally .if I adjust my hand then it comes properly means it doesn’t come naturally. also when I focus on alignment a small curve seems in the left side of front site.
Please tell me why this is happening, and solution on that.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It is extremely difficult to be certain without actually seeing what is happening but I would guess:-

1) The grip needs to be modified so that, with a natural wrist angle, the sights are lined up.

2) You may have the rear sight notch adjusted a bit too tight. Try making it a bit wider. Failing that, and additionally, are you wearing shooting glasses properly set to allow you to focus on the sights.
PETE S

Right handed or left handed?

Post by PETE S »

First let me agree with David's suggestions.

This may also be in your postion. How far do you have to turn your head and twist your neck to get your eye behind the sight. If you stand naturally, facing and looking straight forward, raise your arm to the shooting position. To see the sights you have to turn your head. If you have an extreme position, or are a little stiff in the neck, you may have to force your head a bit. as you fatigue,your neck relaxes and the sight no longer appear the line up.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I tend to agree with the statements made above. My CM162 always came up with the front sight to the left of the rear sight notch. Using Morini grip paste I filled in under the fat portion of my hand (the area which contains the thumb joint). This improved the sight picture considerably. Another area which needs attention is the area where the top surface of your middle finger contacts the support shelf which extends forward from the grip beneath the trigger guard. I found I was only making contact at my first knuckle. Once again, Morini grip paste came to the rescue!
Reinhamre

First aid?

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

Before changing your grip, try to do some exercise.
Take a normal grip of your gun and turn the hand 90 degrees.
Flex the wrist with the help of the pistols weight for five minutes.

There is also a possibility of change the way you take your grip.
Try to add bits of a target (folded) on various parts of your grip, it may feel better for a while but you will soon return to what it was before.
Be SURE when you remove wood from your grip. Take your time.
Hesitating is a good approach here.

Kent