Can't adjust sights enough to bring group down on Twinmaster

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
martin72

Can't adjust sights enough to bring group down on Twinmaster

Post by martin72 »

Hi People,

Can anyone help? I have just bought a Twinmaster Top pistol and cannot get my grouping any lower than top of the black. The sights are maxed out. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or am I just wierd?

Regards,

Martin
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

I am not familiar with your pistol, however, if you shim the front sight to make it higher it will lower the group.
With the rear sight set at mid-point (so you have plenty of correction) start raising the front sight until the group is where you want it to be. Make sure that there is no play or wobble when the front sight is tightened securely.
I assume that you are probably using a center hold. That, of and by itself, does not make you wierd.
martin72

tHANKS

Post by martin72 »

Not sure what a centre hold is Sandy but the shims sound like a good idea. Do you know of any retailers or will it have to be a DIY job?

Regards,

Martin
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

A centre hold is when you aim at the centre of the target.

For the 10m slow fire course I believe it is fair to say that the majority of pistol shooters aim below the black.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Martin,
I do not know of any commercially made shims since there are so many different methods and dimensions for attaching the front sights on various pistols.
The shims can be as simple as a cut in half paper clip that fits in the recess of the milled slot under the sight thus raising the overall hight of the sight (which was the perfect height for my Morini 162E) or as elaborate as an insert made out of black plastic (which I have done on my Styer LP10 and for other shooters in my club). The milled slot on the Styer is not very deep so it needed a more elaborate solution to get the right height.
Again, I do not know how the sight on your pistol is attached but DIY is not all that difficult. The best solution is often simple and inexpensive.
martin72

Sound advice again Sandy.

Post by martin72 »

I thought that might be the case. I will endeavour to create some black plastic shims and give them a go. I am looking to purchase a newer pistol towards the end of the year. SAM K14/K15 and Steyr LP2 are my favourites at the moment.

Regards the centre grip I do actually aim just below the black. I was aiming at the bottom of the pellet catcher and hitting centre. But this will not work in the long term.

Regards,

Martin