Olympics in London 2012

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I like the Australian model, - you have to jump hoops, but you can still enjoy your sport if you want to put in.
Bluechucky, I hope you can keep it. See my note above about shooting at Harvard 50 yrs ago. No sign of that today. Maybe people were more 'responsible' then?

No disrespect, Australia is a great place to live, but I am glad my great grandfather left Australia in 1868 for the U.S.
bluechucky

Post by bluechucky »

Fred, I remember you saying that on my very first post too!!!! :)

Balance is all I'm after.

Problem is, everyone has their own definition of balance.

Oh, and for what its worth, I'm rapt my parents immigrated from Malta to Australia than the USA (we've got relo's all over the world)

I'm glad we both love our own countries!
medinabrit

Post by medinabrit »

unfortunatly in democracies the minorities generally get the short end of the stick .so i cant drive 80mph if i want too.i believe you can still have handguns in the uk but barrel has to be a certain length.i believe it is also almost impossible to obtain a handgun in NY city legally .please correct me if im wrong.
brian
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

True. Now, clearly define the term "oppression" in such a way that the above statement doesn't defend NAMBLA...
just include the words "consenting adults"

but I do agree it gets harder to define if it involves drugs or polygamy etc

but for most of us american shooters, Guns fit in well with "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"

Poole