beathing in or out

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

joydeepk

beathing in or out

Post by joydeepk »

HI there,
i have talked to few rifle shooters but was confused ove the matter of breathing techniques. can some body xplain whether to inhale -store the breath and fire -or - exhale and then fire??
which would be the correct techniq scientifically and by trial and error establishments.
regards ...................................................................joydeep
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I was told by my coach to fire the shot during the natural pause between exhaling and inhaling. That way you are not holding your breath, or forcing your lungs to do anything unnatural. I generally shoot prone, and by breathing looks like this: (load round) deep cleansing breath, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale (bang!), inhale, exhale (reload). I might take a few more breaths depending on the conditions, but it's usually about 2-3.

Now, if I could only get the shot off between heart beats!

Hope this helps.
Jim

Post by Guest »

Just stop breathing where it is comfortable for you. The key is that you are not moving the lungs whichever way you do it. I'm sure a little uptake of air & stopping will give you more oxygen to work with than exhaling & stopping, but do whatever works for you.