A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

2012?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:58 pm

London
19%
Madrid
19%
Moscow
5%
New York
14%
Paris
43%

Total votes: 21

RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I tend to agree with David although it would be very nice to be proved wrong. I also assume there will also be a world cup match beforehand (?).

Also I would be interested in the GB approach to the handgun situation in the intervening years. It seems that currently shooters cannot represent GB in events like rapid fire - which are effectively outlawed in the UK. I do however note some exceptions in that we are competing in some such events in the Europeans going on at the moment but I presumed that was as a warm up to the commonwealths next year.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:I do however note some exceptions in that we are competing in some such events in the Europeans going on at the moment but I presumed that was as a warm up to the commonwealths next year.
We have been running a (predominantly) centre fire pistol squad training, self funded, in Switzerland since the pistol ban.
Because of the traditional link between CF and Standard we have also been training in that event and several ladies have also joined in shooting Sport.
Our shooters have continued to compete, although not with ideal training conditions, at World and European level throughout. In some respects the Commonwealth Games are just a diversion.
bluechucky

Post by bluechucky »

David Levene wrote:In some respects the Commonwealth Games are just a diversion.
Yeah, Keep saying that when the aussies and indians whip your behinds next year! :)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

bluechucky wrote:
David Levene wrote:In some respects the Commonwealth Games are just a diversion.
Yeah, Keep saying that when the aussies and indians whip your behinds next year! :)
What you mean like they did in the CSFC's this year <g> ?

Rob.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:We have been running a (predominantly) centre fire pistol squad training, self funded, in Switzerland since the pistol ban.
Because of the traditional link between CF and Standard we have also been training in that event and several ladies have also joined in shooting Sport.
Our shooters have continued to compete, although not with ideal training conditions, at World and European level throughout. In some respects the Commonwealth Games are just a diversion.
David,
I'm sure you'll prove me wrong (I'm used to that <g> ) but I don't recall seeing any GB shooters in CF or standard in any of the recent world cups - actually any that I can recall. The only appearances that I'm aware of have been in the CSF competition(s) and the Nordics (plus of course the aforementioned Europeans).

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:David,
I'm sure you'll prove me wrong (I'm used to that <g> ) but I don't recall seeing any GB shooters in CF or standard in any of the recent world cups - actually any that I can recall. The only appearances that I'm aware of have been in the CSF competition(s) and the Nordics (plus of course the aforementioned Europeans).
World Cups are only for the Olympic events. CF & StP are not Olympic events.

Another series (we hope) for the non-Olympic events under the banner of "Europa Cup" have just started. We had a team there in Denmark.