Need piston valve and bucket for ancient Walther LP3

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bijon

Need piston valve and bucket for ancient Walther LP3

Post by Bijon »

Hi People.
I have a friend who has a wonderful Walther LP3 ..... Yeah it is an ancient gun from 1960 s but it is an engineering marvel.......the problem is that its piston valve which holds the air has a synthetic sealing which has crumpled with time.......I need this part.......

Walther have surrendered saying that their old factory burnt down with all the old machinery so they no longer service this gun

does anybody have this gun or could salvage this part for me.........

We are trying to redesign the valve so that instead of pumping we can attach a co2 or CA cylinder to it

Just designing ...if it materialises I will post the machine design on some free webpage so that all can view and make the same for their old gun.....

We tried polyethylene polymer sealents but it is not airtight and air slips by

Regards
Bijon

Leaking Walther LP2/LP3 air pistols.

Post by guest »

In 1970 I purchased a Walther LP2/LP3 air pistol. In the beginning it worked ok. Some effort was required to operate the air-compressing lever, but I got used to it. I won my first junior national title using this gun.

After some months it started leaking. Not much, but it was steadily leaking. I was able to "overcome" this problem partly by firing each shot at about the equal number of seconds after air-compression. If I had to abort a shot, I had to wait some time for the pressure to drop, and then operate the compressing lever again!

But the leaking got worse, and the gun was returned to the factory. It turned out that the leaking was a most common desease with these pistols. I got the pistol back from the factory, it worked ok for some months, and then it started leaking again.

I was informed by the importer that the factory had enduring problems with leaking valves of these pistols, and the importer gave me an offer for a trade-in.

This to your information, Bijon